Why is it that in relationships, the girl is usually more attractive?

But you never see guys going out with girls who are less attractive than them. Or rarely anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• That's just your opinion. Or are you more attracted to girls? lol

• Haha, no. I just noticed in general a lot of good looking girls go out with average guys. But really hot guys won't look at any girl who isn't like Cheryl Cole or something.

• Not trying to be sexist here. But a woman is usually valued through her looks and beauty. Whereas a guy is valued through his money and status. As far as archetypes go. lol

• So they're probably more or less equivalent in desireness

• I just looked at your profile, you're hot. Does that mean you're more attractive than your boyfriend?

• Not all of us are born with high levels of attractiveness! Plus it's about personality and your compatibility with the person, too.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys are shallower than girls in a lot of cases. They're after sex. I mean, of course that's a stereotype, but it's true in a lot of cases, just like your observation.