Do guys care about looks more or personality more?

For me, I care about personality (nice, smart, caring, social) and its just bonus if the guy is cute(: but what do guys care about the most?

Most Helpful Guy

• Physical attraction is the first step or tool a guy will use. Girls know this; otherwise, why put on make up or wear push up bras? The personality is used to gauge relationship potential. If a guy is looking for a relationship, the personality of the girl is the deal maker or breaker. If the guy just wants sex, looks are paramount.

What Guys Said 4

• Just like girls, guys will immediately talk to an attractive girl, if the girl has a terrible attitude, if she's a bitch for instance, then most guys would drop her and move on.

• Personality is defiantly most important, like you said, looks is just a perk!

• To be honest I think they are equally important, if your not physically attracted to someone then there's no hope but if you think a person looks good and their personality is bad then there's nothing there. I think you need a good mix of the 2. Just remember that they're both up to the individual. I want a girl that I find attractive and like her personality

• The hottest girl in the world who sucked to talk to, wouldn't be fun. Someone with a cute face and amazing personality, would be someone I hung on to.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, both. I'm not going to date a guy I'm unattracted to no matter how good his personality is. That would put him in the friend zone.

• i've learned that looks are really important in that there needs to be initial attraction but you also need a personality to keep the guy around. Looks can only keep a guy around for so long.