Guy liner? Yes or no?

Is it too weird or unattractive for a guy to wear guy liner today? I'm under the impression that it looks good on guys with really dark eyes and hair.

I have dark hair, very dark eyes, and light skin. So if you ask me, I can't look any worse with or without it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hate it when guys wear eyeliner. I like guys to look manly and a female cosmetic product kind of takes away from that. To me, it equates to a woman not shaving. You don't want a hairy girl because it's manly, we don't want a guy wearing make-up because it's girly.

What Girls Said 20

• You sound like you look just fine w/o it. The only reason for anyone to wear make-up is if they're going to be on stage (the harsh lighting makes eyes look pale, so liner helps), or if they're performing in a band.

Particularly in the spring and summer months, when risk of infection is higher, I wouldn't recommend it...

• it looks good on some guys. if you like it, wear it.

• I've read eye liner looks best on guys with dark eyes. But my question is, how much is too much?

• What you need to do is tightline your upper lid and/or line your lower waterline, but don't take the liner outside of the lashline at most.

When the liner goes on the outside of the lashline, that's when it gets raccoon ish and too muchl

• OMG...no I don't need him barrowing my make-up! lol...but its not that strange...but personally I don't want a guy wearing make up, I'm not into the scene/emo look maybe grudge/alternative but I like guys that look simple/average clean cut but hey some girls dig that...it could look good or really bad.

• I think eye liner or "guyliner" looks good on some guys. I don't exactly date guys that wear it but I'm friends with some that do. Dark eyes and eye liner and light skin make people think your goth. (Hint my name). I like if a guy has bright eyes and wears it because it brings out the color of their eyes. But it does with dark eyes to it just makes them look a little bit different. I think it's fine. If its what you want to do then do it. Anything else message me.

• I thought using eye-liner with dark eyes would make a guy more masculine looking?

• Your friend sounds hot haha.

• Lol. he is. But sadly he is gay. And over protective of me.

• I'm not really a fan of guys with eyeliner. I LOVE the whole emo/skater/rocker/dark look but I draw the line at guys with make-up and guys that straighten their hair, but hey if you like it then you should wear it, I'm sure you'll find a girl that's into that...

• I like it on guys with really light eyes, but I imagine it would look good on guys with really dark eyes too, I've just never seen it. I don't think it's weird, but could you please post a picture? :)

• I love gay guys, but don't want to date them. I would assume the guy would be gay if he wore eye liner that wasn't for a theater production.

• No. Unless he's performing so he needs it. Otherwise not a chance.

• Creepy unless your style is goth in my opinion

• I seem to be the minority here, but I really can't stand it when a guy wears eyeliner. I really just don't see why guys feel the need to do it.

• I hate when guys wear eyeliner. If it is for a cool costume knock yourself out then.

• id say leave it. I like it when a guy doesn't try very hard. and if you have more eye makeup than me then its probably a turn off (:

• I think it looks good if its just to enhance your eyes- not to blow them up ;)

• i don't get why guys are called gay when they wear make up, because I mean girls aren't called lesbian when they wear make up. so why can't guys wear make up when girls can ? that's my opinion. but I woudlnt date a guy that wear make up.

• Does it look good on some guys sure...would I date any of them nope.

• What the hell is guy liner?

• I think it looks really good on a guy with sort of an alternative style but overall I don't think its weird.

• thats pretty gay...guys should NEVER wear makeup. NEVER!

• No thank you. I like my guys natural. That's why guys are perfect for girls- we're high maintenance and they aren't! My boyfriend is perfect without guyliner and he's part native American so he has dark eyes and hair with tannish skin. I think the only guys who are alright wearing it are rockstars honestly, but do what you want! I'm sure some girls like it!

• definitely not

What Guys Said 0