He "maybe" has a problem with my height...what?

I have been seeing this guy for about a week, but we have been friends for a few months. Last night we were cuddling and watching a movie and some comment about height came up, he mentioned that I was taller than him (I hadn't really noticed) and I asked him if that was going to be a problem...he said "maybe" and when I asked him what he meant by "maybe" he just repeated himself.

He's liked me for months, he has spent half of the last week with me, we've made out a lot...so WHY would my height still be a problem? I don't understand... Do you think this would be a major factor in whether we become exclusive or not?

just so we are all clear, he is 5'11" and I am 5'11" and a half. A HALF INCH! you can barely tell...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'4", and height is an issue for me for two reasons. Firstly, like most guys, I like the girl to be shorter, and so my ideal is limited. Second, I honestly have no qualms about my height, but it hurts when other people bring it up because THEY tend to make a big deal of it whether they are being mean or trying not to mention it. It's very uncomfortable. It would always bother me a bit, but if you're not making it an issue, and I like you a lot, I would probably get over it.

As for it affecting exclusivity, it honestly could. It just depends how much it bothers him. It's a shame, and it doesn't mean that he doesn't still like you, but if he's just dealing with it now then you'll have to see how he figures it out. He's probably weighing his feelings about height and his feelings for you. Maybe talk to him about it and help him resolve it a little faster.

What Guys Said 5

• "Maybe" maybe means “uneasy” when he is with u.

• aw hell... he's taller than avg, your taller than avg... I say he should chill out on that...

• are you that tall, or is he that short

• i could only wish that was my problem

• Its hard to win an argument when a guy has to look up at her or be in control...

What Girls Said 0