Does the "guys dislike makeup" rule apply to girls with acne?

i have really bad acne. I've tried more medications than I can remember the names of, but nothing has worked on me thus far. I won't leave the house without makeup. I've learned to do makeup really well so you can't even tell I have acne. but guys say they dislike it when girls wear makeup. is this still true if a girl has acne?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hm who ever said they disliked makeup? I thought I heard a girl say that the goal is to make it look like you're not wearing much makeup at all. I rarely see girls without makeup.

I think the only time we dislike makeup is when you can tell there is SO much on your face. Otherwise it looks really nice!

I say use what you feel comfortable with. If they judge you by that then they are idiots.

What Guys Said 4

• If there's a rule regarding makeup and guys not liking then I must have missed that memo. If it help you feel better about yourself and builds your self confidence then who cares what other people think.

• As much as I hate makeup... okay... better not say that or else I'll get super flamed by girls.

As long as the makeup is not noticeable, you're fine.

Here's something you should try doing. Every night before you sleep, put a clean towel over a pillow. Replace it with a new one every night. Wash your face with water in the morning when you wake and right before you sleep. Avoid wearing makeup. It's possible you have oily pillowcases. Also never touch your face or eat greasy food.

• Whatever makes you comfortable is what you should stick with. I don't mind make up and from what I can see on your pic you don't need it.

• If acne is severe enough for it to be a turn off, there's no hiding it with makeup. Makeup is a turn off for me.

What Girls Said 3

• Guys DO NOT dislike or "hate" make-up.They say that because they've never seen a "natural" girl,they assume we all look like Megan Fox when we have no make-up on.It's just a cliche line they pull out and I've only heard the whiny guys on here claim to dislike make-up.

And it depends on your skin type and acne type as to whether make-up will look bad or not.

• I don't think so. I mean as long as it doesn't leave like prints everywhere right?

However depending on how bad your acne is some you really shouldn't even try covering cause it'll just be really obvious. The small little bumpy one's you can try to cover, but if a guy gets close enough they'll be able to see it...I think.

Some girls just cake on makeup like no one could tell that their face is orange and their necks are like freakin white. I swear. :x Just don't be like them make it look more natural

• GUys do not dislike makeup, they have no idea what makeup is or how much or how little is used. They're just...clueless. If you're actually going to listen to a guy's opinion on makeup, then well...i have nothing left to say