How do I get rid of ugly pale skin?

I'm a man, I am so white that I don't look masculine at all. Also, I have dark hair and eyes, which means I'm SUPPOSED to be tanned/dark. Please help me! What are my options? My skin does not tan and if I expose myself too much I will just burn and peel.

Being pale would be alright if I had blond hair or blue eyes, but dark features and pale skin just look so washed out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Use fake tanners. Google and youtube how to use them so it's not streaky. Cheap and easy from the drugstore.

The other option is to use tanning beds. Start out with like 5 to 10 min on the lowest ones, go regularly and you'll be tan in no time. Not great for your skin tho, but it's better than hating your looks.

• I've already tried tanning beds, and I didn't get tanned at all. I've tanned all the time in the cheap beds and didn't get tanned or burned.

• K then, fake tanners are the way to go. see if this helps.

http://beauty.about.com/od/productstop10lists/tp/best_self_tanners.htm

• Thanks, I'll try a self tanner.

What Girls Said 12

• I like guys with pale skin. :) Guys with blond hair and blue eyes look too ordinary. Could you maybe put a picture up? :) If you REALLY want to look more tanned, try a self tanner, but a lotion that will tan you gradually or you could go too dark too fast and look really patchy and streaky.

• I don't want to look orange like all those girls that fake tan.

• You won't. That's why I said a lotion that gradually darkens because if you notice you look a little too orange can stop right away before anyone notices. And cheap brands tend to do that more, you should look up what's the best brand to use because the color varies between brands. :)

• This guy at my school is as white as snow and has long wavy dark brown hair and brown eyes. And trust me, He is very very attractive. Maybe if you worked out and toned, or changed your clothing styles, or something like that, you would feel better about yourself and not focus on your complexion as much (:

• I find pale skin and dark hair really attractive. :D (on guys and girls, actually) So if I were you I would keep it pale.

But try a self tanner if you must. I personally think anyone's natural skin color > fake tan, but if you don't want to really tan (which I wouldn't recommend, it damages your skin!) it's really the only way to go.

• there's always the option of spray tan

• Duh pale skin always looks good no matter what features you have.Dark skin just looks dirty and very few people look good with dark skin.

• Your from japan, so maybe that is why you hate dark skin. People in the US idolize tan skin.

• Yes, I want to look identical. That is what is attractive.

• Noo attractive means standing about;being unique from the rest of the boring people.If something is sssoooo common would it attract you anymore? If you had to buy something from a supermarket and can't decide between 3 items,you would surely see which one is less common and less people had that,so it makes it more rare,therefore more precious. The point is the same,standing out in a good way rules over everything.

• There's nothing wrong with being pale! Just look at all the fame all these new vampire TV shows/ movies/ books etc have been getting! There's so many girls that want a guy that resembles one of those guys so I wouldn't worry about having a problem attracting females because of your paleness.

On a side note, if this is because YOU don't like it or because YOU think it's ugly then all I have to say is you should learn to appreciate yourself! Wanting to be tanner is like what Michael Jackson did (going from black to white). And besides being pale has NOTHING to do with masculinity! Also I know plenty of pale people with dark features that look great, so work with what you've got and be happy! :)

• Eye color is what makes or breaks a guy with pale skin. Haven't you noticed all the pale vampires in Twilight, Vampire Diaries, etc don't have dark eyes? Dark eyes + pale skin = unattractive man.

• If you don't believe me, read the seventh paragraph down in the link I just posted.

• Http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire/2005_harry_potter_and_the_goblet_of_fire_007.jpg PALE and dark eyes... still looks good!

• There's nothing wrong with pale skin

• When you are a man with dark hair and eyes, there is something very wrong with it. Looking washed out is not hot.

• Whatever dude.I could care less what you do

• link

try this, I use it and it works, plus its cheap

• My best friend and I love pale skin on a guy. Embrace the vamp skin; it's sexy.

• wear fake tan or go on sun bed. fake tan better tho not bad for you .

• get tanning lotion

• Learn to love yourself! Stop letting scientific studies define your life! Science also says that humans are attracted to symmetry. Do you know how many people with asymmetrical mouths, eyes, hips, leg lengths, etc. all have partners?!? (Answer: a lot)

I've read some of your answers in the comments, and what I think you really need is some SELF-CONFIDENCE. The girls keep saying how attractive dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin is, and your response is always "No, it's not attractive!" Fine, don't listen to them. Continue to hate your looks and be self-conscious.

Because really, those are your choices. Be miserable about the way you look, or LOVE the way you look, no matter what it is, and be happy as a result.

link - That is a link to an extremely attractive man with dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin. And I know, many, many, many women who are attracted to him, myself included. I fear you will reply with something like "his hair isn't dark enough! He's not like me!" or "His skin isn't pale enough! He's not like me!" and the sad part is, if that's what you're thinking, the truth is: there's no man with dark enough or pale enough features that will convince you that the way you look can be beautiful, because as I said earlier, you need to have a little more self-confidence. (And once you do, that's what will attract the ladies.) Good luck! <3

What Guys Said 3

• Have you discussed this with your doctor? You know, there are things he might be able to do. If it's an issue of low melanin levels, he might know of a suppliment that actually works.

I wouldn't recommend just going out and finding one on your own. Many of them simply don't do what they say they will.

I know a woman who ended up with a darker spot that she tells everyone is a birthmark, on her back from one of those products...something she took years ago...

Dunno if that's common or if indeed that is how it happened, but your doctor would be the best place to find something if that's the problem.

• Fyi those kind of drugs are really dangerous, even life threatening.

• It's better than being pale. I'd rather take the risk being tan and have to beat girls off of me with a stick than be pale and unattractive..

• Why do you think I told him to talk to his doctor? If he has low levels, that can be almost as bad due to insufficent protection from UV....which is part of the function of melanin.

So many of the products out there simply don't do anything....hence the time, and money saving step of talking with a medical professional.

• You can expose, but you have to take it slowly and make it gradual. Avoid exposing between 11 and 16/17 in the afternoon, use a high factor sun screen, and eat foods rich in vitamin D and iodine.

• I've tried 30 minutes of direct sun exposure yesterday, and it did literally nothing. Not even a sun burn.

• So? I honestly don't care much for sun bathing, but since I live in a country were there's sun nearly everyday I can tell you 30 min is nothing. Go to the beach and lay down from 17 to 20 in the afternoon, do that 2 or 3 times per week. Read a book, take a nap, whatever, but don't expect to be there for a single 30 min a get a result.

• Seems fake tan is the only way for you to go if being in the sun and sunbeds don't work. But that's rather gay.