Why don't girls make very long eye contact with guys?

If any at all? Unless of course they are drunk, then they'll stare at guys like guys stare at girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can think of three reasons off the top of my head.

1. If they like you and they're shy, well... there you go, they're shy and can't maintain long eye contact.

2. They don't want to come off as intimidating and potentially scare off the guy, if they like him in the first place.

3. They don't want to give the wrong impression to guys. Some guys might take the long eye contact as a signal that the girl likes him when it might not actually be the case.

What Girls Said 3

• I think shyness is the main reason. There are some people that just cannot hold eye contact without getting creeped out. There are other reasons as well. For example, a guy who I had a crush on always made eye contact. I would look at him but then look away and look back again. There were one or two times where he caught my eye and held it for an extended amount of time. I liked it at first but the longer he held the stare, the more I was thinking that he was after one thing only. It kind of was like he was trying to send me a signal that he was imagining us together in that way while he was staring. I surely got the message. It was kind of scary because I did like him but wanted it to be more about getting to know each other and not just about sleeping together.

• We can be shy at first, but honestly, sometimes we don't want it to seem awkward, or we jst play hard-to-get, but most the time, we don't hold eye contact because we don't want to look at you, we want you to come to us, its kinda like just catching your eye for a second, kinda intriuges you to come say hi? Try that,C:

• It ends up awkward, or like I start to feel like I'm doing something wrong, when I hold eye contact for a while (:

What Guys Said 1

• alcohol is so good

• It's the miracle elixir.