Do girls only check out guys who are 9+?

On the attractiveness scale 9+ out of 10. It seems most girls ignore all guys around them. Does a guy seriously have to be a frickin 9 or 10 for a girl to give him signs that she wants him to approach?

And to be honest, I've never really seen a girl check out a guy. Occasionally I'll see a table of girls swiveled around, craning their necks looking at something on the other side of the cafeteria (no doubt checking out a guy). But that is about it.
Since I never see girls checking out guys I can infer that it's probably because 95.9% of guys are physically un-appealing to girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I check out guys at probably a 5 or 6 and up. Their personality could make them a GREAT BOYFRIEND. and when you are single, you are always looking for a potential mate.

• Seriously? If more girls were like you I wouldn't feel like sh*t when a girl completely ignores me and acts like I don't exist as we are walking past each other!

• I've held eye contact for a second or two on occasion but they never smile at me. Am I supposed to smile first or something?

• Yea, I would. If she doesn't smile but is looking, smile first. if she looks like a snob, look away lol. she may not think anything of you looking at her. if you smile then she gets the idea that you are interested. a lot of times, girls who may not have noticed you otherwise, become interested in you because they see you are interested in them. if you approach them, don't take rejection 2 fast. sometimes I'm caught offguard when a guy appproaches me and I don't flirt back @ 1st because I'm not sure he's really interested

What Girls Said 21

• HAHA if everyone is craning their neck, they AREN'T checking out a guy - more like gawking at someone. That sounds bad, I know, but we try to be discrete. We don't stare at guys. We flick our eyes over to them quickly to glance at them and see if they are looking at us. We are much more subtle than men.

And most girls don't want to go after the 9 or 10 because we don't want to have to live up to the insecurites that come with that. There is fantasy hot, and there is REAL attraction, which comes after meeting someone. We aren't like guys who won't pursue something because they don't look a certain way (although yes, if there is NO attraction, than we can't help that... and you shouldn't take it personally much the same way you don't find every single female you come across attractive).

• not always so discrete but definitely not usually obvious

• No, a guy does not have to be a 9+ for a girl to be interested in him/give him signs that she wants him to approach. Of course, there are plenty of shallow girls out there who will only want to go for guys who are that attractive physically. On the other hand, there are also plenty of girls out there who will be interested in personality over physical attractiveness.

If you never approach girls, they'll never get to know your personality. I would suggest just being friendly next time there's a girl that you want to approach and just go up to her. It may not always go well. But who knows, it may pay off really well.

Personally, I would love it if a guy came up to me and started talking. It would show me that even if I'm not necessarily interested in him already, that he may be interested in me, and might be someone I'd like to get to know better.

Finally, you need to remember that some girls just aren't that good at giving signs that they want a guy to approach them (I am one of those girls). Just take a chance. You will probably meet some jerks, but I bet you'll also meet plenty of nice girls as well.

Good Luck!

• I've tried talking to girls before. Well, a couple, and they seem bored and/or annoyed. So now I'm just waiting to catch a girl checking me out and then (maybe) might go talk to her if she seems interested in me physically. Do not lie and say girls go on personality. Most girls, like guys, place looks at the top of the list....

• Well, you can try that, and I hope it works out for you.

And I am not lying about the personality thing. Maybe not all girls but there are plenty who are attracted to a guy because of his personality. I am one of those girls. For me personally, a great personality is just one of the things higher on the list than great looks. Everyone gets old and loses their physical attractiveness, but personality is something that stays forever.

• Don't be so upset. Most girls will never ever obviously "check out" a guy ... some, like me, won't check him out at all. They'll be all quiet and will try to look everywhere else. I know it's quite stupid lol.

Girls aren't like guys (who will check out a lot of girls, and very obviously). Personality means far more to most of us and if we DO like you, we'll be very subtle in showing it. Most girls almost never eye up total strangers, but when she gets to know you, she might start to like you more.

Any way - pick a girl you like, flirt with her, joke and then ask her out at some point (if she was giving you positive signs). It's proven to be the best way to get a chance with her. Asking her out alone will make her really flattered and chances are she'll accept.

It doesn't really matter much if a guy is great-looking, to be honest. We care more about confidence, intelligence and things like that.

Take care of yourself and be brave, that's all. :)

• what I notice first about a guy is who he's with and if he seems like a fun guy. then I'll check him out. I like guys that are cute rather than hot, hot is intimidating and seems like a standard I have to measure up to. With I cute guy I can be a dork and not worry about him judging me for that. on a number scale I would say I look at 7+. I asked a guy out last year who was cute but short (5' 2'' and I'm 5' 0'') and overweight so a lot of girls overlooked him. he was really cool because he's the life of the party. personality is what makes a good boyfriend, not looks!

• Looks are the only thing that matters. Sorry, it's bad, but very true.

• Hey, looks aren't everything. if you think that way and you're not a self-declared 9 or 10 you'll just come off as insecure. anyway, personality is what keeps you dating someone because looks only mean as much as a first impression. so long as a guy is okay-looking I'll consider him if he has a great personality. don't be so closed-minded, you'll miss out on some really great people to date!

• us girls are always checking people out:) were just not obvious about it. and no, girls check out guys maybe like 7+ . and sometimes its not even looks, its about how confident and happy the guy looks. so if your worried about your appearance or something, girls will check you out more if you look confident (not cocky) and happy

hope this helps:)

<3

• Wow, you're a cynist... But I understand your situation- guys are like that too as far as I can tell. Some guys may be hot but have awful personalities. I tend to like the guys with the better personalities- they are much more interesting and fun to be around. A lot of these guys may not be a 9 or 10 but I'd still like them because I find them attractive in their own way and they're not total jerks! All hope is not lost!

• First off,

when YOU see a girl who is a 9 or 10 don't YOU crane your neck to check her out?

Yes, obviously.

And to answer your question, NO, A GUY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A 9 OR A 10 TO BE CHECKED OUT.

The reason why girls ignore guys a lot is because guys can be REALLY gross when they try to talk to girls.

When I was in high school a guy said he would do very bad things to my vagina.

I didn't think it was funny.

Some very daring guys still do that to me, and it's really disrespectful to my spirit and my body.

• men who have confidance is the man who gets the woman trust me not about looks and if it is about looks the woman is not worth knowing

• Girls have a broader field of vision, we might check out a guy even if you don't notice it. I often check out guys...esp. when they're not looking ;)

But if a guy is hot it doesn't mean that I'm automatically into him, he's just nice to look at maybe...b/c he is not my type, has a bad personality...it's not all about looks, guys.

• It is all about looks. A guy like me can only get an ugly ugly girl. I'd be happy if an average looking girl looked at me or came and talked to me....

• No, it's all about personality and attitude - treat girls right and they treat you right (maybe not high school girls, at this age it's really all about looks lol ;)

Or how do you explain all those couples where one partner is far prettier than the other one? ;)

• us girls are always checking out guys... we just do it not as obvious lol

and no I think your wrong ... I talk to all kind of guys whether them being 1 , or 10.

Sure we would go talk to a guy that would be a 9 only because they will attract us physically.

But still , were open to talk to anyone. I guess, that guys that would rate themselve as 9 would be more out there and talking to more girls.

• Most girls these days only go for looks nd that's when the problems come in...all the not so great looking guys are usually the sweetest. But when a guy is super fine the girls love to be noticed...but turns out that those guys are assholes you know.? Oh and girls are ALWAYS checking out guys...you guys just don't know it lol

• No, a guy doesn't have to be a 9+ for a girl to check him out. Personally, I ignore the ones on that level of the scale purposely because in reality let's face facts that if a guy is truly a 9+ then he is plenty aware of that and expects to be checked out by women. He doesn't need added attention. To completely answer the question I have to say that I honestly don't rate the appearance of a guy. There has to be something about his presence that attracts me.

• NO most girls like/love/crush on quiet and shy guys you just happene to see a lot of girls lately going after guys and there is no ugly and hot person in this world okay people just rate them like that ;p

• Personally I check out any guy I consider "decent" and up (6+) but the only reason why you think this, is because girls are A LOT more discrete at checking the opposite sex out than guys are. I've caught millions of guys checking girls out but I barely see girls doing it because they are a lot more secretive about it.

• when girls check out guys its no whees near as obvious as when guys check out girls. and most girls go from a 6 up. and when your single ALMOST EVERYONE is a 5-6. lol

• a six and up.

But I pay attention to the 5's or 4.5's with good personalities.

• 7 and up is OK too!

• I look at all guys. But that doesn't mean there attractive to me.

• Scale. No. I don't do scales.

• I check out hot guys, but I don't want them to approach. I rather the average looking guy approach. they make better bfs

• When I am out and about during the day I usually don't notice guys at all because I'm just so busy running around doing things.

But even when I am that busy what will always get me to notice the guy is NOT his face but how he dresses.

If I'm in the city walking fast and a guy is coming in the oposite direction wearing a black suit (or even just the black pants) with a shirt and tie I slow down just to get a better look.

GUYS ARE SOOOOO HOT WHEN THEY DRESS CLASSY

So in actual fact its not his face that gauges my interest

• Most girls would say his face is the #1 factor that catches their attention...

• It's the second for me, but every girl is different

• Its a 3-way tie between your face, how your dressed and wether or not your well groomed

What Guys Said 6

• Physical attraction is the first step in the relationship realm. More importantly, we all want to get the best. So, the best looking and attractive guys will get the first crack. Some women will settle once all those guys are gone. Yet, you don't have to wait for the sign. Sometimes, you have to approach them. The best pick up artists are not 9+. Some are 5,6, or 7. It can be done.

• Women do check out men. It just happens that it's hard to catch them looking at guys. Although, I do notice a lot of women looking at me, and I'm just average in my looks. Maybe you need to develop your situational awareness.

• If that picture is you, you're not average at all. I don't even have half the muscle as you, or the tan. So if you are average, I'd hate to know what I am.

• He's right all you need is game and maybe more situtional awareness and I aggre with the question asker

• Im not a 9-10 and still sometimes get looks from girls. I usually dress well though (I think anyways - usually with clean jeans and a dress shirt, clean hair etc. I've been told I look very mature and a bit older than my age). Some of the girls I've found who were the most interested in me ended up being the ones whom I thought didn't want anything to do with me.

Im also wondering, maybe women whom are in a relationship are less likely to look at others around them. Not sure if that's true, but if I was taken, I doubt id check out girls as much as I do

Girls are also subtle about checking people out. I check women out ALL THE TIME. Sometimes a little too much. At the same time though, I almost never get caught - people would think I don't check anyone out, yet that's the furthest thing from the truth. I'm sure there are women do the same thing and are just as subtle about it (although maybe they don't check out others as much as me :P I'm creepy that way I guess)

• No, girls look at me and I'm not a 9 or a 10. There are plenty of other guys out there that are better looking than me, but I still get looks from girls. Dress nicer, walk taller, keep your head up and looking at the world, don't look distressed or nervous, breath normal, stand firm, things like that.

• Most girls get so much unwanted attention that they avoid looking at guys altogether. Enough guys get the wrong idea without a girl even looking his way (because ignoring them is playing hard to get). They think plenty of guys are cute, but that's not enough for most girls. You gotta step up your game son.

• Most girls get so much unwanted attention?! Wow, you're wrong. Sorry but you are. The pretty popular girls do, not the average girls who actually have substance. Just saying. Also, ignoring could mean they find you annoying- it doesn't always mean they're playing hard to get! What you're describing is guys!!! :P guys suck.

• Girls are a bit more subtle than us lads, LOL. Mind you, quite often if you think a girls laughing at you, she's just giggling because your cute, like they did in the fifties, hahaha.

• Girls feel the same way when we see your heads turn to check out some girls ass, but we're not complaining. Girls are not visual anyway, why don't you try talking to her.