Why would you call someone cute?

Literally at least 2 times a week someone calls me cute or adorable or pretty ( I don't mind that so much :P but the cute thing drives me mad) and it's really starting to bug me, and I think they only call me that because I'm short, I'm 5"1". But I just don't get why they call me cute there are girls shorter and the same height and they don't say a thing to them! I know cute is good I guess but it makes me feel like a baby! anyway why would you call someone cute?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a guys perspective, and I'm sure I will be poo pooed by other guys, cute is a scene of how we perceive your actions plus your looks.

They best way to explain this is to use this analogy. When you look at a baby that is doing something "cute" you get a feeling that is of adoration innocents and love combined. Left out is affection or as some may call it desire(*which are not that same*); this feeling we label as "cute" what guys use this word for is to describe how you have that innocent moment or innocent look plus the fact that we feel "positive" about you and it's an adorable feeling we perceive. So in absences of a better word we use the closest word we can find "cute" or "pretty". Words we learned from girls, who use it to describe situations we are closely feeling. If you have that flair about you that is of care free or ignorant bliss or even that "not sure what is going on just smile" aura, that might be a reason. Granted this might not at all describe you, but it might be how other perceive you. Don't dwell too much on it, it might be annoying but it's just your subconscious saying "hey that's not an accurate portrayal of me"

• Really good answer! but I only get called cute when I where flat shoes which I find really weird its like as soon as my shoes have a one inch heel I'm hot which I seriously do not understand!?

• Well I can answer the heel question too but first if you could and you think it's worthy please choose my answer as best answer id really appreciate it thanks in advance either way!

• No I'm not fishing for anything and I'm just wondering

What Guys Said 3

• I had a short term relationship (no pun intended) with a female soldier who was the shortest allowed in the ARMY, at 4'11"! I used to call her my little "button"... LOL Or even "snuggle-bunny"... She did not like snuggle-bunny... LOL

Well, As far as just the general "cute" girl/woman, I don't know... I am not too verbal with complements.

• I noticed when I was reading these responses that most girls think being called cute is the same as being called a child. That's not the case! When a guy calls a girl cute, it's because he wants to give her a compliment without coming on to her. Maybe he's interested in the girl when he says it, maybe not. It's no different than saying something like "you have really pretty eyes". It's not as specific of a compliment though, it could mean several different things. It could mean the way your body looks is attractive, or you're wearing clothes that look good on you, or you say funny stuff, or you seem innocent, or... etc. It could mean many different things, but don't take offense to it :) It's just a kind gesture when it's not appropriate to use words like Hot, Sexy, Babe, etc.

• i usually call a girl cute because I use it as a substitue for hot, I use cute when hot would rude

What Girls Said 5

• I get called cute and I'm like 6ft so it's not your height! But I feel the exact same way, it's like OK you think I look like a little girl? thanks. But some of my guy friends say it's because I look innocent, I don't see it, but they do.

• I think cute has a few meanings. One is what you would call a child. I think the meaning that is applied to you is pretty with a fun personality. It means pretty, energetic, friendly and fun. I get that a lot :) It never offends me and is not meant to offend. Say thank-you and smile.

• I get called 'cute' all the time, even though I'm 18, because I have a babyface. I've learned by now though to take it as a compliment...

• And no offense, but you are cute:)

• its definitely a good thing! its like how we call guys cute too! it means theyre attractive and kind! theyre not mean, or cocky, theyre cute...get it?