I get called cute, what does this mean?

Hey, people call me cute all the time. It annoys me, I am not a baby. Why can't they say pretty? Is cute an insult?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are cute. No it isn't an insult.

You aren't being compaired to a baby.

Cute falls under the heading of pretty.

Don't ask me how to define it.

Let's just say you are catching guys eyes.

Heck...I described my wife as cute back when I first met her.

What Guys Said 7

• Outside of a relationship I commonly use cute when I wish to compliment a girl without appearing interested. This can either be because I want to tell her she is attractive without her concluding I am interested or because I wish to reciprocate a compliment. The other reason I may use cute is because of her personality, if she is geniunely adorable then cute is the word I will use to describe her.

• Cute is definitely NOT an insult...

It's a little bit of a safer comment to make if a person doesn't know you that well, or isn't in a relationship with you.

It's a little bit more general in its interpretation, because cute can refer to either personality or looks...where as, "pretty" just refers to looks.

But most of the time, "cute" means "pretty" -- it's just that you can socially use it in more varied situations.

I agree that it's a little over-used.

• At your age cute is a fitting compliment...Pretty soon you'll miss the days when you were called cute! Enjoy it while you can!

• i use cute depending on the situation if I think sexy or hot would inappropriate according to the girl I'm talkin to. but cute is deff not an insult if I call you cute then that means you have my respect as woman but I use sexy , hot etc. that means I'm not looking to get to know you.

• not insult at all, usually cute and pretty mean the same thing except that cute can be also be personality atractiveness

• lol cute is even better than pretty

• No, cute is not an insult.

What Girls Said 0