What happens if I wear white after Labor Day?

whats so bad about it.

since people say not to, it just makes me want to wear white more.

Most Helpful Guy

• A puppy dies if you wear white after labor day. Don't do it.

What Guys Said 5

• The fashion police will come and arrest you, jk, nothing will happen and I have no clue to why your not suppose to wear white after labor day, I think it's dumb, wear what you want

• From Wikipedia:

"An old custom prohibits the wearing of white after Labour Day. The explanations for this tradition range from the fact that white clothes are worse protection against cold weather in the winter to the fact that the rule was intended as a status symbol for new members of the middle class in the late 19th century and early 20th century."

Yeah... screw that. I'll be wearing white just because.

• A black hole materializes, tearing matter through time and space and it will suck you into a vortex of nothingness but abba music and baked beans, you have been warned, don't upset the metapyhysics gods...

• Does that go for guys too?

• Wear a white thong. Walk proud and fool them all you rebel.

What Girls Said 5

• Why it's 'don't wear white' is because it's fall, which you usually wear darker colors. But in recent years it's not white clothes you can't wear. It's white shoes you can't wear. But in essence, if you feel the need to wear a hot pair of white heels, go for it. No one will be like "WTF, why is she wearing white?!" They'll think: Damn that's a hot pair of shoes :)

• It's don't wear white pants after labor day, but honestly do what YOU want to do not what other people want you to do. nothing will happen

• Hah I've never heard of that but I'm gonna wear white just to p*ss pepple off

• idk. I'm sure I've done it a few times and didn't realize. they say white is a bright summer color and it looks tacky after labor day. I went Christmas shopping with my aunt last year, and I just picked up a white purse and when she noticed it as we were going to the car she was like OMG and gasped and told me not to wear white this season. she said you might could get away with bone but you do not wear white, people will talk about you and say that you look tacky and country. lol

• the sky is going to turn purple