My hair will not grow!

so my hair seriously will not grow. and it drives me crazy cause it used to be so long until I ask for a TRIM and the lady cut off like 3 inches. it hasn't grown since then and its been over a year.

i will admit though, I wash my hair, blow dry it and straighten it everyday of my life.

so that's part of why it won't grow.

so I was thinking if get a trim then just wash my hair, don't blow dry it and where it up everyday will it grow?

I hate wearing my hair up, but I mean all I do is go to school all day long and then hangout with my boyfriend so I really don't care how my hair looks haha. but if I was going out then I would straighten or curl it.

so would doing that make it grow?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely.You have NO idea how much giving up heating products can work.I'm like you,every single day wash and straighten and my hair has suffered.But during the summer I stopped doing all of that and only washed and my hair became so much healthier,someone even commented on how much healthier it looked.

-Deep condition it once a week.Alternate between a moisturizing deep conditioner and a cholesterol conditioner.The best cholesterol conditioners tend to be in the black hair product aisles and tend to penetrate deeper(even if you aren't black).Lekair and Queen Helene Cholesterol are probably the "best".As for moisturizing,go for Pantene or Garnier.

-Use a hot oil treatment once a month.

-Whenever you do decide to use heating products,use a heat protectant.

-Trim your ends every 6-8 weeks.A simple TRIM will do,not 3 inches haha.

-Take a Multi-Vitamin once a day

-Eat hair food:salmon(moderation),apples,banana's(moderation),avocados(moderation),walnuts,almonds,pecans,nuts,lean beef,carrots,cucumbers,lettuce,spinach,Kale

-Take Biotin supplements

What Guys Said 2

• You might see a doctor. Certain medications -- if you are taking any -- can affect hair growth. You may also be suffering from "traction alopecia" which is hair falling out from braids, ponytails and hot irons.

• Thats so unnatural! I blowdry, straighten and backcombe/pack my hair with hairspray, and I have to get a trim every few weeks!

And I'm a boy! With boy hormones!

Anyway, I reckon you could try some growth-based shampoos, or get a better stylist and talk to her/him at length about the problem. Otherwise, I have no idea, that's seriously unnatural.

What Girls Said 6

• Eat lots of protein, don't diet, take hair vitamins, and rub castor oil on your roots on the nights before you wash your hair.

Using heat on your hair KILLS it, especially straighteners - they are pretty much the devil for hair.

Seriously, the less you do to your hair, the better it will be, wear a hat if you have to.

• buy a hair protecting serum for your straightning...don't dye you hair..and maybe another trim...but specify nothing more than an inch...and shower what a inch is for you...might be different for her...do not wash your hair everyday...if your hair is oily, put them up on the second day...after a while it will get less oily...every hairstylist I know recommend to go the longer without washing the better...washing your hair constantly damages your hair...really!

• your hair does grow. even after your dead your hair grows. your problem is that you're not maintaining length. your hair is breaking off faster than the rate of growth. wear your hair curly a few days of the week? let it rest in ponytails/buns? do hot oil treatments with olive/coconut/jojoba oil. deep condition a lot. take biotin supplements. eat very healthy and exercise. use hair moisturizer regularly.

• Prenatal vitamins have high folic acid which helps your hair grow, I take them because like you, I had reallyyy long hair then got 8 inches cut off, never seemed to grow since then because I straightened it a lot. But now I like never straighten it, and just fix my wavy hair in the morning with my straightner and then I'm good (: I stopped straightening it 7 months ago. It use to be fried straw like hair, it was awfull haha. So yeah, try that (:

• well .. sometimes they say a hair is affected by the way you trim it .. or the person did it for you .. I thnk you shud let someone your hair alittle bit .. and after that there is the snake oil .. I don't know if you know it .. but use it four times a week .. ( put it at night and next morning wash it off ) trust me .. with in one month .. it will grow !

• Get a shampoo/conditioner formulated for hard to grow hair. If that doesn't work, see a doctor. But, if worst comes to worst, you can always get extensions.