What's the area underneath your eyes and beside your nose?

I've been Googling like mad but have no idea what that part of the face is called.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well at the level of bone structure it woud be called the proximal Zygomatic Arch. The cheek bone is the Zygomatic Arch. Proximal or distal is a point closer or farther away from the median plane or center of the body respectively.

Or were you trying to find something less medical in nature?

• If he was looking for something less medical then I've heard them referred to as 'Undereyes', but that could be regional slang.

• Ok....made a few phone calls (yeah.....I'm a bit OCD LOL) The best possible description I was able to find, as the area in question in fact has no name would be "Lower lateral maxilia naso conjunction" That is the area beside the nose but below the cheek bone. The point above the cheek bone is actually still the same bone structure on the face, so it be "Upper lateral maxilia naso conjunction" . ROFL yeah...but my friends already know I'm weird.

• Wow that's hardcore. You actually called around. Kudos to that! And thanks for your input!

What Girls Said 3

• zygomatics..

• You're right. It's part of the zygomatic arch. I'm seeing that it is part of maxilla (mustache) bone. But what is it called on a epidermal level? We're getting closer to the answer!

• Um, cheek?

• The area toward the nose a bit more...

• eye socket.? haha

What Guys Said 2

• Tear catcher.

• Hey nice. I looked on Wiki, apparently...

In ancient Persia, when a sultan returned from battle, he checked his wives’ tear catchers to see who among them had wept in his absence and missed him the most...

• 0|1
    • Thanks for the link but it still doesn't point to the area I'm bugging over