Long vs. Short hair, which one is better on a girl?

All the guys I have ever met said "Don't cut your hair!.Let it grow".

so does the majority of guys out there prefer long hair, or is it just the people that I know?.and what the deal? doesn't it get in the way (the wind blows it scatters everywhere and all that?)

does it make a difference if the hair is curly or straight? (like only straight hair looks good long and curly short or vice versa)

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course people are going to have hair preferences, but speaking from a longer-hair-liking-person, the longest I think I'd want a girls hair to be would be just past her shoulders.

Also, the whole longer hair thing is like a fantasy image, with her hair blowing in the wind, the smell, the feel, it's all very sensual. Though many women when they get older cut their hair short, and it doesn't seem like the guys mind then.

I guess younger girls usually look better with longer hair? (Speaking from personal experience) Though some younger girls look great with short hair. Like I said, it depends on the person.

What Guys Said 7

• Quality is most important. As long as it's well taken care of, the longer the better, right till you end up sitting on it. The question is how much time do you want to spend taking care of it.

Of course when it gets longer you'll get more polarized opinions from people. Instead of looking average to most people, some people will love it and some won't like it as much. Although I've never known a guy to be too upset about it being too long, unless it was like down the the ankles or dragging on the floor.

I once saw a post in a blog about how unpleasant it was having your hair fall in the toilet because it was so long. That might be a bit too much!

• Forgot to say in my other answer: I don't really like short hair generally, but I don't have a problem with it at all. If that's what you like, go for it. I'm sure there are people out there that would absolutely love it. Also if it's done well, maybe even I would l like it more that way than longer. It all really depends on the person.

• Hell no. You better keep that hair long. Long hair is sexy as hell. It's like a woman's mane. Long straight hair is awesome, but I also like long wavy hair, like Giselle Bundchen. Her face ain't that great but I could pull that hair all night long!

• Long full and straight - no doubts

• I would say that both look good longer.

• I like long hair that has body. Waves are good but I'm not big on really curly hair.

• I'm in the "longer = better" crowd, but I do know some guys who prefer shorter hair, particularly on smaller/skinnier girls.

My personal preference is straight, monotone hair, as long as you can grow it without it looking unhealthy. Some girls can pull this off to their waist or lower, but most can't.

What Girls Said 5

• I have long full hair, and I get the "don't cut your hair!" line as well. And almost everyone I know (including the guys of course), love long hair. But, short hair isn't bad at all! Some people look great with short hair as appose to long hair. I think it depends on the guy as well as on you. For the most part, on you. Why? Depends whether or not you can pull it off. If you can pull of short hair, then you know you look good. And if you look more appealing with the hair you have, than the preference for Long vs. Short hair can be overruled.

Go with the hair, that you know you can pull off and the hair that you will feel comfortable in.

• In my experience, most guys don't like it crazy long, like getting close to touching your butt, but they don't like it very short either. I think somewhere around just past shoulder length is what most of them consider optimal. Usually when they tell you not to cut your hair they are saying that out of a fear that you will come back with some kind of old-lady cut. If you give the number of inches to them, and it's pretty low, they generally don't care.

• Im so glad you asked this question! I just got my hair cut today. and was thinking about going back to get it cut shorter but I wasn't sure. so thank you for asking it for me! haha your pretty much awesome at this moment ;)

• I think you should cut it whatever way best fits your life style

• I think you should do what looks best on you or is easier for you to take care of. I think a guy would prefer you have short nice looking hair than long greasy stringy hair. I don't care that guys like long hair, I like my hair to my shoulders so that's what I am going to do.