Everyone thinks my heart is broken, but it's perfectly fine! Everyone thinks I'm in denial!

So, recently, my boyfriend of two months broke up with me. And to tell the truth, I didn't mind. I totally understood what he was saying, and I knew it was time. Now I have all my best girl friends coming over with girl magazines and chick flicks, when really all I want to do is go out and party. When I tell them this, no one seems to believe me. At school all of his friends look at me in pity, but I'm fine! I still want to be friends with him, but everything about me screams: AWKWARD to him. ARGH, help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well...when your friends come over to console you *grins* tell em to enjoy the movie, and go out.

If they don't get the idea right then...well, you need to get a thicker crayon when you draw them the picture.

People have expectations due to their past experiences. Doesn't mean you are going to feel the same. We all deal with situations our own way.

Sounds like you were pretty much OK from the start...they just don't know how to understand this.

As far as his friends...talk to him. Tell him you want to stay friends...but if his friends don't stop you may have to mame, or simply kill a few of them. While it would be a fast solution, you don't want to ruin your clothes, so if he could perhaps just let them know the two of you broke up on good terms?

Been there once or twice. Friends can be wonderful...till they aren't ROFL

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry hun, but there isn't really anything you can do. You have to give it time, and then the friendship might come back... but you can't expect it to be the same right away.

• if you werent as into him as you thought you were, you have a right to get over him that quickly. its just a question of why did you go out in the first place. if you felt you loved him then getting over a guy that quick isn't that simple. you would then be in denial. so like I said. just ask yourself how much you were into him and ull be fine

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me about 2 months ago and my friends had trouble believing I was over him for a while. The first like 2 days I was upset that we broke up but after that I was fine because I realized its better that way and even I thought about maybe breaking up with him too. But just tell your friends you are okay and that they need to believe you and they should believe you soon anyway. I wouldn't worry!

• Well, first of all you're really pretty

As to what you should do- I'm not really sure...

I think my best advice would be just to wait it out - instead of trying to convince people that you don't mind, just accept that they all care about you, and the fact that you guys broke up will fade away over time - and you two could probably be friends :)