How to control curly hair?

Alright I'm kind of tired of straightening my hair in the morning and I have crazy curly hair that frizzes when it dries and is just a pain in the butt.

I need some tips or help to be able to control this madness. Please help me I would really love it.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best for me personally has been not to use the wash out conditioners. I don't know why but they make my hair poofy. So I just wash with either a weak baking soda/water solution or a gentle shampoo.

Then I recommend using a good detangler or leave in conditioner like Tresemme or Garnier or one of the "curl encourager" products. If your hair is super tangly, use suave kids detangler. If it's not, skip the detangler and just use the leave in conditioner.

Then a good product is the Aussie leave in conditioner plus mousse. It's not crunchy, it's really light. Don't scrunch like crazy, just scrunch gently and hold the hair in the scrunch for a longer time to encourage the curl. Don't use strong hold mousse or it will be crunchy-eww.

When you're styling your hair make sure you keep it wet and don't let it dry out when you're applying the products until you're done. What makes curly hair frizzy is when you mess with it when it's dry or drying. You want it to basically go from wet to dry on it's own without touching it, so the curls can form nicely.

Never use any kind of heat on your hair and ONLY run a wide tooth comb through it when you have lots of the detangler in it if it has tangles. Otherwise, just use your fingers. Never brush it at any other time.

Curly hair is really sensitive so you need to be gentle with it.

Straightening your hair will really screw it up, so get some Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner for now and use it a few times on your hair away from the time you shampoo it in order to repair it.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't straighten it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yay for curly hair! It's all about wrearing it natural.

With mine I do this thing called no-poo where you basically don't use shampoo and only use silicone free conditioner. Here are some websites that explain it better:

link

link

Also, the last rinse when you wash you hair should be freeezing cold, it flattens the folicals making your hair shiny.

Only use serum and leave in condition on your hair, you really don't need that many products, and get a good hair cut (and if it's thick get it thinned out LOADS)

I hope that helps

• I have really curly hair. I used to hate it until I learned how to style it. Something to control the frizz is a fizz serum. You can buy this at Sallys or a hair place. You only apply a dime size amount. Before you apply it make sure your hair is wet. Then I use Aussie volume gel even though I have plenty of volume. It just works to keep everything looking good. I apply some hair spray and then blow dry my hair on high for a min. This just sets your hair so it won't grow huge on those humid days. Apply hairspray at the end and you're done. Total process takes 5 min tops. Hope I could help you!

• I have wavy/curly hair and use to straighten it all the time! But I have been using tresseme shampoo and con. for curly hair and I absolutely love it!