Unattractive guys with attractive girls: How the heck do they do it?

Yeah, enlighten me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what they say, "One man's trash, is another man's treasure". Not to say that these guys are trash, but you get my drift.

Two Things:

1. Personality - Yes, we all care about looks to an extent, that's reality. However, the degree of importance in which individuals place on this is varied for both guys and girls. Personality is the very essence of love and looks cannot stand the test of time like an deep emotional connection.

2. Looks - Sure, as a society, we have developed certain standards for attractiveness and ugliness, however, not everyone finds all the same things attractive. What you may see as an unattractive guy could be attractive to this attractive girl. A flaw maybe considered an adorable quirk and what is seemingly ugly maybe be considered a divergence off the path of the societal standard of attraction, in essence, a "different type of beauty".

However, more important than that is how you see yourself and to work on bringing the best of yourself out to the women you wish to attract, not comparing how other guys get chicks. It's not a guarantee, but, I feel it's the best way to find someone who loves and accepts you for who you are.

What Girls Said 9

• Psychologically proven that girls are attracted to "unattractive" guys if they have money, power, status, sense of humour, confidence, etc. Basically, women do actually look more at personality and stuff.

Its also a psychological security thing for women. If they go with an "unattractive" guy then there is little threat that someone else may try and take them away from them. This makes the relationship outlook brighter.

Hope that enlightens you enough! And I'm a psychology student if you hadn't have guessed :)

• Lol dude, if they have money power and status MOST girls would bypass looks personality humour etc...sadly they are just as shallow as us guys, just in different ways.

• Every person looks different to someone else. Someone could think 'Omg, that guy is GORGEOUS' and the other could be like 'Seriously?!'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And also, confidence and personality are factors as well. I could never be with a attractive person if he was always making sure they look amazing, or was always worried about what others think. Or if I could never have a good conversation with him. It all depends on what the girl or guys preferences are when it comes to relationships. (:

• 'Unattractive' and 'attractive' are relative terms. Usually what really attracts people is if/when you're willing to be yourself ...and that's only if you're comfortable with yourself first.

• I ask myself that question about every day

• this is kinda similar to another question I just answered, no matter what you look like or what flaws you have, when you let your beautiful personality shine and burst through those unattractive thing or flaws you will be very attractive. these "unattractive guys" you ask about must be very content and happy with who they are, that my friend is very attractive in a guy or a girl. take life and make the most of it :)

• Usually funny, nice, down to earth people.

personality man.

oh- and-

a sh*t load of confidence in some.

• In my experience, a lot of attractive guys are kind of mean. Maybe these women are dating guys who they know will be nice to them. Also, they may think the guy won't cheat because he doesn't have as many women coming on to him. Women can be jealous sometimes. Plus, women care about personality more than looks. They care about looks, but only to an extant. No guy has to be 10, we can easily date what anyone else would consider a 5 if we find them attractive enough.

• well, you know.. to girls, we look deeper than the skin. I mean yeah... looks matter obviously... but we tend to weigh all aspects of a humans personality before turning them down. Maybe that guy treats that girl with the utmost respect and she couldn't ask for anything better.. the inside, how good of a person you are, matters the most.

• maybe some girls like guys for who they are and not what they look like, ever thought of that? and what is attractive to someone may not necessarily be attractive to the next person.

• Thank you, "what is attractive to someone may not necessarily be attractive to the next person." People need to realize this... and quit watching TV to know how to define a word.. go with your instincts.

What Guys Said 9

• There have actually been many studies looking at this ( link for a sample article).

Here's a snippet:

"The husband who's less physically attractive than his wife is getting something more than maybe he can expect to get," McNulty told LiveScience. "He's getting something better than he's providing at that level. So he's going to work hard to maintain that relationship."

Men who are more attractive than their partners would theoretically have access to partners who are more attractive than their current spouses, McNulty said. The "grass could be greener" mentality could make these men less satisfied and less committed to maintain the marriage.

Physical attractiveness of husbands is not as important to women, the researchers suggest. Rather, wives are looking for supportive husbands, they say."

• Confidence. That's it. Believe in yourself and know who you are.. don't let things get to you. That's pretty much it... of course a bit of teasing but a lot of women (and especially) the as you would say beautiful ones are used to the same mundane gestures and willingness of a man to say yes... and do what they want. So if you look at it from this perspective it makes much more sense..Yes.. and be yourself NO MATTER WHAT... if being yourself makes her angry .. then whatever.. its not your fault. it's her problem.. unless you're just an asshole.. but I doubt you are.

imho A woman likes a confident funny man who is willing to challenge her (not for the hell of it, unless you're semi-joking), honesty and above all CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF. Ex: She says I don't like something.. and you DO like that something.. don't simply agree with her because that's what you think she wants to hear. Agree with her if you do.. and if you don't.. straight up just be like.. I'm not so into this.. but'.. ect.. Don't be afraid to disagree or voice your opinion... be yourself.. be a gentleman. And if that isn't good enough.. well then.. move on.. You don't want to put up with someone who isn't going to like you for you... neither will they.

Women can easily spot a guy who isn't saying all that's on his mind in terms of what I stated previously. Oh and never lie.. people always find out... its just a matter of WHEN. Anyway.. I kind of went off-topic but it all melds together. Basically confidence, respect, genuineness and trust. Women can spot when a man is faking confidence and it comes off as being a "d***" .. Also makes you look fake. LOL can't write anymore.. seacrest outz!

• The way they carry themselves. I've only really seen one guy pull the "average guy with hot girl" phenomenon off. Let me just clarify that "average guy" doesn't describe this guy...he is goofy looking beyond belief. He rocks this untrimmed beard and just generally has this weird look on his face. I'm not friends with him, but I've seen him around at car meets. On a local car forum in the Not Work Safe section, he once posted like 20 pictures of the absolute hottest girls you've ever seen, obviously naked.

So while I've seen only occasional examples of this, I guess it is possible.

• All the guys who answered this question must be unattractive then...haha...personally, I'm handsome so I can't answer your question as is but I can answer it the other way...that is, I've dated a couple of girls who were unattractive and people commented why I was with them...the answer is simple: looks are only part of the attraction, the personality is the other part and if it is good then it's cool...that's it, easy as pie...

• I'm unattractive but I'm not with attractive girls :( hate this life

• 0|0
  • I've got 5 letters for you: M-O-N-E-Y.

• dude there are 6 billion people it´s just the odds that play in their favor

• Confidence my man. Attractive guys know they are attractive and are usually players. So if you're an unattractive/average guy with a killer personality and some redeeming physical quality, you're gonna win out.

• And do girls ever have to play the whole confidence thing when getting with a guy?

No, they can just get with anyone they want without doing any amount of toil-assed work for it like guys do. Just saying "hi" and looking the way they do, and BAM already got the guy's full attention.

• To the question answer-

As an ugly girl, I can tell you that this is untrue. (Your statement about the confidence thing).