What does "cute" mean?

Lately, I've been getting a lot of this. I don't do anything and then at the end of a conversation, someone will be like "you're cute" and walk away. But it's not like they're hitting on me----just today a married girl said that to me. I've only been called "handsome" once and that was a couple weeks ago and I think she was just saying that. I don't think it has anything to do with my looks since they're very average, if that. What does this mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Mmm I don't use it in a "Im attracted to you" way. More like "aw you seem like a nice guy, I'm sure you can make some OTHER girl very happy". To me it's a friend-zone word.

• Yeah, that's what it usually is, but I don't get it because the girls that are saying it I don't even talk to that much or talked to only once and it's not like I'm trying to impress them/hitting on them.

• Why do you assume he would make another girl happy if YOU dislike him due to being too unassertive? Wouldn't it more likely be like "aw, you seem like a way too nice guy, if I don't like you that way, I don't think others will either"??

What Girls Said 3

• I usually use it if I'm talking about soemthing sweet a guy says or does. Also to describe appearance, like if he looks cuddly ^^ ...or something. Don't worry it's always good if a girl calls you cute :]

• Normally cute isn't used in a "I like you" kind of way. Cute is more often used when talking about children. But when it's used towards someone who isn't a child then it normally means that the girl thinks the guy is attractive (personality or physically) but isn't actually interested in the guy. Being called cute isn't a bad thing, it means you have an attractive personality and/or looks.

• attractive, but not at the level of maturity desired by the speaker. ie, the speaker thinks she is older psychologically, so she's not attracted to you. Kind of like 20-something talking about teen idol.

What Guys Said 0