Clothes to wear to a bar?

Just wondering what are the type of clothes usually worn to a bar? Not sure how casual it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything and everything, I've seen it all, but it might depend on what bar you're going to, whether you want to fit in or not. There's a bar in town that most people would consider more of a "punk" scene, but you still see Abercrombie and American Eagle pop up. I love the place, I love the hard rock and metal they play, and yes, I'll wear my Hilfiger polo, because at the end of the day, I'm there to drink, be merry (or wallow in my singularity lol), and get out of my apartment. And some days I'll wear a flannel - be yourself, like in dating :p

What Girls Said 2

• hehe it's whatever you want to wear. I've seen it all in my day when I used to go.

However some bars have dress codes. Really. Like shirtless is a no no, as well as army camo.

Other then that, think about what kind of message you want to send to others.

• Don't dress up but don't show up in sweats.

What Guys Said 3

• Can wear anything, for a bar I usually just wear jeans, tshirt and trainers, what I wear during the day. However if I know I'm going to a club that needs shoes and/or a collar ill wear black shoes and a casual shirt

• Well whatever you usually wear is fine, sometimes shoes are important, glass get broken etc...

• Well see how far you can go, what do you think you can get away with and want you think you can't then try it on...