Why are shirts so long these days?

I'm a guy with a small build, so it is hard to find shirts that fit me perfectly. But even small shirts in the adult section are way too long for me. I have older shirts that aren't so damn long and they are supposedly the exact same size. Is it a new style these days for men to wear outrageously long shirts or are Americans just getting bigger?

Most Helpful Girl

• Urgh. I have the exact opposite problem with women's shirts. D= They're all too short and rarely are long enough to adequately cover the entire torso.

In answer to your question, maybe men's shirts are longer because of the saggy pants style? Many guys wear their pants hanging halfway off their butts, so a longer shirt hides the uncovered anatomy. lol.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe its because you have a small build and a smaller than average torso?

• not sure about guys, but that's also the case for girls clothes. Everything is longer which I love.

but yeah, not sure why that is

What Guys Said 2

• Go to a store that fits your style.

a medium in emo store vs gangsta store are going to be cut differently.

• Obesety is a epidemic...