How much makeup is TOO much?

I always have the fear of wearing too much. I don't put a lot of foundation or anything really. I do put a lot of makeup on my eyes though. I have a smokey eye kind of thing going on I guess you could say.. With black eyeliner inside and outside. dark brown eye shadow on top and bottom. and mascara on top. I only wear this look at night time though !

Is it too much ?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's up to you. I don't think you should be asking us how much makeup is too much. It's your face, your decision.

I go back and forth between wearing nothing but clear moisturizer to tinted moisturizer to full blown glamour. I love it all and I am kind of a makeup junkie. I never really listen to what men in particular have to say about this because half of the time they don't know what theyre talking about. they will look at the women in movies, magazines, pin up photos, etc. and say "how beautiful, how wonderful" then be turned off when they find out how they get to look that way. Men don't really dislike makeup. They dislike the idea of makeup. If you are wearing what many men see too be a ton of makeup but have it applied perfectly to give a natural look, the average man wouldn't know the difference. seriously. I remember learning the ropes on how to get a really "healthy glow" in a "natural look." that doesn't necessarily mean less makeup. A lot of girls use a really good flawless foundation, any lotions under that to help with skin issues, concealer, some use natural looking fake eyelashes, subtle colors on the eyes, a little bronzer or blush for contouring the face, light eye liner, lip gloss and lipstick (sometimes lipstick with lip gloss on top), etc. and it still looks on the natural side. A guy will compare that to a girl wearing the exact same amount of makeup, but just with brighter, bolder colors and shades, longer lashes, etc. and say one girl is wearing way too much while the other is "more natural." wrong. neither look is natural, one just looks more so.

its entirely up to you though. depending on the occasion I think certain things for me are out of bounds, but I have friends who wear exactly what I wouldn't to those occasions.

I love eyeshadows. I have a couple makeup artists in my family though so they were teaching me at a young age. It's like art for your eyes if you learn how to work with all the colors and techniques. I like watching youtube videos on different cool looks. I like it sometimes. I know that I think I'm naturally beautiful though as do many people around me so I don't feel like I have to wear makeup, I do it because I want to. Even pretty girls have things about ourselves that can be improved. only if you want it of course. nothing "needs to be improved" its just the way we see things.

What Guys Said 4

• I prefer women who don't wear makeup or wear it so it looks natural. If someone can tell from across the room you're wearing makeup, it is too much imo.

• it depends I just saw one of Michelle Phan's videos about clubbing and I thought she was wearing about 3 items but its really about 17 items so I would say it depends on the person and it also depends on how you wear it because you could be wearing 2 items and not know how to apply it and make it look like you have the sephora store on your face but like Michelle did she was wearing 17 and it looked like she was wearing 3

• For me It just has to look somewhat natural.

• If you trowel it on then its too much...

What Girls Said 3

• Okay, I was going to answer this... and then I remembered that I wrote an article on it yesterday.

So here ya go:

link

• I just read your article .. that was great , thanks for the advice !

• Guys don't care.Only the guys on this site claim to care.

If you don't wear make-up,then they say you don't take care of yourself,you've let yourself go and do not care about your appearance.

Make-up is make-up

• it's too much if I can tell you're wearing a lot of makeup...you know what girls I'm talking about. The ones with so much makeup layered on you can instantly tell and see the makeup