Girls who dress well?

When you see a girl who dresses well, has style and wears clothes that are in style. Do you think she's a snob or what's your opinion on them?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a man bought a $5,000 suit everyone would think he's a high flyer who earned it working at a really well paid job.

If a woman bought ANYTHING $5,000 she is judged by EVERYONE.

what is wrong with this picture?

Boys don't be so callous about a girl MAYBE earning more than you. A woman doesn't need a male figure to afford good clothes, we are allowed to get jobs nowadays.

And girls? Sisterhood! If a girl can wear what she wants and pays for it herself who are we to judge? We wouldn't begrudge a man the same right would we?

What Guys Said 29

• My opionion about girls who dress well is that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Sje might be the nicest person or the biggest snob. I think it's the personality behind the girl that makes the difference. Whether what she says or her body language. I think it's good to see girls dress good. It draws attention to them. And it's good eye candy. But the attitude makes the difference the attitude can mess up the pretty picture.

• The simple fact of the matter is that staying in style is 1) expensive and 2) difficult even if you could buy everything since you need to keep abreast of what's coming in and going out.

with that said, a woman who dresses well and flaunts the most popular styles is pretty much universally appreciated by guys in my current demographic (law/med students in their early to mid 20's). I'd go so far as to say that most guys I know are exclusively interested in girls who dress with high style and good fashion sense. Not everyone can do it for various reasons, and that's not their fault. But the fact of the matter is that if you see someone who is dressed like that, you know this person cares enough about how they present themselves to earn your respect. Its definitely a respect earning thing, that you realize that fashion takes work and some sacrifice (even if the money isn't yours, but ideally if it is) since you need to allot the money from your budget to it.

this is ironic because when I grew up I was the only one who felt this way. Well not the only one. Every single guy I knew went drooling after such girls. but since most guys stood no chance with them they would publicly rebuke them as spoiled rich girls or mindless sheep. Well then, let them have the girls with middling or bad fashion senses. As I went off to college the general feeling was, again, 99% of guys went crazy for these well dressed ladies, but only 45-55% felt they could pull said women so the ones who couldn't would continue to deride these well dressed women. Their loss again.

At this current state in my life pretty much every guy I know tells the same stories about how everyone always bad talked women with great fashion sense and they have no idea what everyone else around them was smoking. We totally appreciate girls who know how to take care of themselves and represent themself with stylish appearance in public. And to be fair, the women I study with feel the same way about their men. Fashion matters a lot to them as well and they won't date guys who don't care about fashion. Everyone wants a partner who can look the best possible. I may not speak for everyone at every level, but I really think that the hate from other women comes from the fact that they can't sacrifice the time or money needed to be ontop of fashion. and the negative thoughts from less mature guys generally comes from them rationalizing that if they can't have the ideal, they need to find the flaws to make them feel better about picking for something else. And there are flaws, but generally speaking you can have a vapid person that looks any way. Its just as likely they be dressed to the 9's as they are wearing something comfortable but remain equally vapid.

• That was very informative thank you! But just fyi, you don't need a lot of money too look good, you just need to know how to work with what you've got and where to find it for cheap :)

• Not sure I agree with the rest, but your first paragraph hit the nail on the head. It takes money to be "in style" - I see lots of suits, dresses, pants, shirts every day and I can tell the difference. It's one thing to see a certain shirt or coat in an ad, it's another thing to have it sitting across the desk from you. If you're on a serious budget staying "in style" is next to impossible. That doesn't mean you can't look good, but you can't have the latest everything for obvious reasons.

• The way I see it, style is all about self expression. And if your form of self expression means following style trends, it says to me that you are not an individual, but that you are, instead, a mindless drone or a sheep. I do not associate "wearing clothes that are in style" with having style, or with dressing well.

• I don't even notice actually, if you were wearing an expensive shirt from some in style store or a T-shirt from Wal-Mart I wouldn't beable to tell the difference. I prefer the tank top / T-shirt and jeans look myself.

• If you dress well, guys notice. If you're wearing this year's fashion as opposed to last year's, almost no guy will notice. If you go too far, guys can tell and will avoid. My advice: put in some effort, but if you're worrying about brand name or whatever, you're gonna quickly be picked out by guys as "working too hard" and possibly "insecure".

• Can't judge her based off looks. Can only judge based off her personality or how she interacts.

• Your clothes say a lot about you. I disagree with WeaponZero (he usually has negative comments anyways) on his perception of trends. Trends exist for a reason...to set an acceptable standard for people to follow.

I like clothes that fit on a girl: tight jeans, nice flannel shirts rolled up at the sleeves and knotted in the back and/or front, summer dresses, etc.

If I see someone who doesn't at least try to present themselves well, I would figure they would not really want to succeed in life...even if they have a well paying job. How you dress is how you are perceived...but by all means...just be yourself. Follow some trends (tight jeans) but skip others (uggs).

• I think its a breath of fresh air from all the slutty women I see that are around my age. I can respect a woman that dress well rather than a woman that dresses provocatively.

• I think there's a substantial amount of guys who have no clue what would even be in style.

So I think dressing well can't go wrong at all!

I personally like women who dress well because (IMO) it shows that they give a sh*t about how they look.

• No I don't think she is a snob. The way a person dresses say a lot about the personality: Girls or People in general that dress well are usually for the most part more organized or are people that care a lot about their reputation, therefore they usually like to be ahead.

• One of the girls I work with is like this and her justification is that it's her hobby - I have guns and a motorcycle, she has a zillion pairs of shoes and a bunch of purses. She's naturally good looking and likes to dress up and flaunt it if you will.

Still, when I see a girl dressed up in the "latest fashion" as you put it I usually think one of three things; rich dad, rich husband, or gold digger. Now, I don't act on those assumptions and give everyone the benefit of a doubt but that is my gut reaction.

• ROFL, someone gave me a thumbs down. I gave an honest answer; don't like it, bite me.

• I like it when a girl is original with what she wears.

I don't care whether your sweater is designer, how much it costs or whether its in style.

I believe everyone should develop their own style instead of taking ideas out of magazines.

I fell in love with a girl who wears really wacky, hip, urban clothing.

No other girl dresses like her and I totally, absolutely respect that.

• In all likelihood, you have I have very ideas as to what is "dressing well." When I see people wearing clothes that are stylish, I mostly assume they're an automaton subjected to the group-think of the fashion industry. They were successfully molded into the consumers that are the keystone to our economic system.

Like a great band said, "it's not so bad being trendy - everyone that looks like me is my friend."

• High maintenance

• I love when girls dress well, major turn on! =)

I don't think she is a snob unless that's the way she carries her self and has a snobby demeanor and she has designer everything lol

• I like girls that have a good sense of style. What's not to like? Its like saying if someone has a nice sports/luxury car then they are automatically snobs/selfish/etc. That's not true.

• I meet lots of those "sports car types" and can tell you that most are snobby, selfish pricks and ironically they are penny-pinchers. Not all - some are really good guys and gals - but the good ones stick out because I meet so few of them. Let's face it, the majority of people who buy a very expensive, flashy car are doing so to say something to the world.

• depends on the type of "style" she's wearing if she's wearing something that a rich girl would wear than she's considered a snob rich girl that just wants a rich guy but if her clothes are normal everyday stuff than I guess she's OK ... the old saying goes clothes make a girl who they are ... sometimes

just to add... not that ill ever approach her to ask her out ether way by her clothes etc... I prefur the girl to ask me out

• I think she is in style and dresses well. For me, a woman like that catches my attention...i think its awesome. Nothing wrong with being fashionable at all.

• that she has money, if she has money she's most likely a snob, and might be a little shallow too

again his is me assuming, which isn't right to do but..we tend to do it anyway, that's why I always approach them anyway because I try them out

• I like them :) I don't care if they are SO IN. as long as it compliments her features I like it :)

• I barf in my mouth because I am so sick of how the people in this country consume so much they don't need for so much meaningless reasons. Nothing attractive about superficial women.

• Why did this get so many down-votes? I don't think there's anything attractive about superficial women either.

• Nevermind, I figured out why. ;]

• it would be a turn on just so long as she's not high maintenance

• Not at all. I may think she's well off, but that's all.

• trying too hard, ignore the hell out of her.

• i wouldn't notice she's "in style". How many guys even would?

• I definitely would notice. I am *not* making a judgement about snackeyg, but I have found that the more career ambitious a guy is the more likely he is to notice that all the time. So I'm pretty much the only person of my high school friends. about half of my college friends would notice it and pretty much everyone in med school demands that anyone they get involved with be very fashion forward.

• Yeah, if you're in a high-income professional field that's usually the norm. You don't see many sloppily dressed doctors - the other side of the coin is that in med school (and other high-end professions that require lots of schooling) you get some huge f***ing egos because let's face it, not everyone can get that far and it takes lots of talent and effort. There are certain exceptions - say engineering fields - but even then a good suit is still appreciated.

• No, I think she cares about her apprearance, & I respect her for that.

• I like girls like that. It shows she cares about how she looks and I find it attractive.

• Personally, I think it's a good thing. The clothes a person wears is a statement of who they are. You are what you are, and a person who dresses well and has style shows that she cares about how she looks around other people. People notice it and will try to get your attention if possible. Don't think think it makes you look like a snob, chances are those people just don't fit your personality, or jealous.

• She likes to look good, for a reason...

What Girls Said 4

• She cares about her appearance, so what? She spends her money and time on clothes. Why should that make her shallow or snobby? Everyone has their own interests and that doesn't make them any less of a person.

Guys spend thousands on electronics, cars, etc. Yet, no one says anything about that.

Like I said, different people have different interests

• I think she has good taste.

• More money than sense

• If a girl has to wear what's "in style" then it does show she has no mind of her own and no sense of style.

I would think nothing bad of them other than they are probably airheads

• I tend to agree. I feel like they're insecure with themselves. Not necessarily body-wise [though likely that too], but in their personalities and who they are as people. I feel like I should also mention that there's usually an obvious difference between someone who MUST wear what's in style [insecure], and someone who just wears what they like [cases in which a good amount of those things just happen to be things that are 'in style'].