Do girls like flashy things like watches clothes cars glasses etc on guys

just wondering you know the saying its all about the personality. just wondering because its 2008 and that was a pretty old quote just checking to see where you females are at.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on what type of girl you are. I personally would like my guy to care about his looks.not a lot but I want him to want to be clean. I hate stinky guys. I don't really like guys who show off their fancy watches or anything but if you have a nice car it always is hot. I'm not a gold digger I just love cars so if you have a nice one you get extra points with me. If you are gonna wear flashy things I hope you are buying it with your own money because if you have your own money and make it yourself it shows you are a hard worker and determined. wearing flashy things cause the parentals give you money is very very unattractive to me. I like down to earth guys that wear nice things once in a while. I don't like my guy spending all his money on flashy things.buy a nice place to live and a nice car and clothes that match.thats all you really need to impress me. I can't speak for all chicks, but that's just me.

• Yes they are with my own money I don't where them all the time only on occasion and they are not overprice rolexes for 4000 dollars.. you've got it all down I give you the right to speak for all chicks... I just wanna show that I'm doing well without bragging about it better than branging about having money and not having anything to show for it I guess lol .. I don't like to see people with money who doesn't know how to use it..ok you got the best answer!!!

What Girls Said 7

• Do I like flashy things on a guy? Yes. Are flashy things the only scenario I look at? No. Personally, I am more so toward a guy's personality as oppose to the type of things he owns. Yes, flashy things are pretty sweet and can make a guy more approachable. But, if his personality doesn't click with mine and we have no connection, then the "flashy things" don't really matter at all. For me, I'd have to say, that I would choose a guy that I have a chemistry with rather than a guy who has top class clothes and cars.

Now, some women do prefer flashy things over personality. Which I guess isn't totally wrong, but I feel with those women, how do you knw they are not just there for the stuff. I could be wrong with that assumption, but its just one opinion. That being, it also depends on the type of women you are trying to attract. Then, the classy things can definately play a major role.

• Its all about chemistry...the flashy things are just to get notice.. I'm not conceited I don't think or mean I'm actually a nice guy.. " nice guys finish last " I see lots of girls with jerks annoying guys with flashy things.. makes me wonder

• Don't know about other girls and I can only speak for myself!

none of that stuff matters, if you come to me with only love in your heart, that'd be enough for me!

• I come to you with love in my heart...

• Really?

why don't you msg me and we can discuss that! LOL!!!

• 1 it depends on what type of women you're trying to attract

2 depends on the woman

most girls who are looking for a man to really care about and to care about them aren't looking to see how many cars he has, what type of watch and how many, what brand of glasses ect. those who look for that first might at well ask you to hand over your wallet. because that's what they're really looking for. BUT even women who are not looking for the wallet like to know that you're doing well. A car yes, a mercedes not necessarily , Nice clothes yes sean jean tommy etc no. (Not that women can't do for ourselves but that's another story)

• Is that what you see in a guy... when he dresses nice have nice things.. wow if I was with you I wouldn't have to do any overtime or have a job at all.. you are everymans dream come true..

• I don't ask for much so all these things are nice but not necessary. I don't mind if someone has them but don't try to lure me in like a fish with them. * ohh shiny!* lol but personality def comes first

• not really. too much bling can cause blindness. lol but seriously.a flashy smile. does that count?

• So you don't care how he is dress or what kind of style he has only in guys with good looks...

• I'm not saying that I don't care how he looks. but for the most part, he has to be clean like showers daily, shaves, smells nice, brushes his teeth, has squeaky clean shoes, etc. as long as he carries himself well, it doesn't really matter what he's wearing. I mean, a good looking guy could wear a plain t-shirt and pants and he's still be good looking. I dunno, what other girls look for. but seriously, people get waaaay to caught up with how a guy looks than what kind of a personality a guy has.

• I don't care what watch you wear or car you drive. I hate fellas that wear glasses to be posers. If a guy just makes some effort with his appearance that's okay with me. When a guy has to have a flashy car & lots of 'bling' you know he is trying to make up for lack of something else.

• Maybe I am making up for a lack of something.. at least I'm trying to make up. instead of doing nothing...

• But buying all that stuff isn't really making up for it when the majority (I can't speak for all women) of women who will be attracted to you when they see your "flash" stuff will be gold diggers. if a woman really cares about you she won't care about what car you drive..

• some loser goldigger is going around downing all the people who are saying these things aren't a big deal just so you know, you've got a goldigger on your post.

• I like nice things so I'd want a guy who liked looking good and having nice things as well. I think a little conceitedness is fine. I like a guy with confidence not arrogance.

• You sound like an honest girl... it does seem like girls are very judgmental I like nice things because I'm creative and I'm starting to get money and have been buying flashy stuff but not too overprice like a 4000 dollar rolex but like 100 dollars shades and watch etc I was just wondering how girls will think of me..

• You have every right in the world to buy that 100 pair of shades. It's your money and lookin fly is your way of showing people how successful you've become. You seem like you have the pesonalitly to match your flashiness..

What Guys Said 2

• Having good style is more or less what you should shoot for. Being flashy in a way that is braggish is rather try-hard and screams of insecurity. Have nice things because YOU want nice things, not because you think they'll get you laid. When you do the latter it's pretty transparent and a big turnoff for women.

• there is nothing funnier then a guy dressed head to toe in Tommy or Lacoste with the logos everywhere

Don't know about the US - but Here in Europe we have a lot of designer outlets - especially in Italy and the Uk - all from the top Fashion houses of Europe all made in France or Italy - not the mid range overpriced rubbish like Ralph Lauren Hilfiger Calvin Klien etc. made in the SE Asia

Just Don't buy fakes -