Should I clip my own ends or go to a hair stylist?

I haven't had my ends clipped since May and I have a lot of split ends, so should I clip them myself or should I let a hair stylist do it for me?

I'm afraid because every time I go to the hairdresser they tell me they are going to "clip" my ends, but instead it ends up looking like a haircut. Recently, my cousin told me that she clips her own ends and her hair is pretty long, but anyway, I'm thinking about doing it in November.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you do it, you can cut exactly how much you want and won't have to freak out about them cuting to much... on the other hand sometimes a new look can make the new you...bit like hally berry...when she went short

What Guys Said 1

• You should go to the ends and clip your own stylist. I know it would hurt but it's worth it!

What Girls Said 1

• go to a stylist . the reason they clip off so much is becuase dead ends are most often about an inch to a half an inch so they cut off about that much to get to the healthy hair. if you don't want them to take off that much you need to tell them don't just tell them to cut the ends cause they will cut to much . tell them you don't want them to cut over a half an inch .

• Good luck with getting a stylist to do what you want.i'd cut my own if I was you and I do trim my own split ends actually