Would it bother you if someone said your significant other is better looking than you?

Hypothetical situation but question says all.

• Yes, I feel a little jealous that I'm not as good looking
  • Yes, I feel insecure and that I'm not good enough for them
  • No, I feel proud that my significant other is attractive
  • No, I don't think it's anything I should worry about
  • Something else that I will explain in the field below

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm tied between B and C. My sig other happens to be very attractive in both my opinion and that of the general public and I don't find myself very attractive at all, however I know I tend to be harsher on myself than others. But the bottom line is, if he finds me attractive, why worry? It makes me feel a little more confident to know he doesn't worry about the "flaws" in myself that I see.

However... I think its important to work on your own self esteem as an individual. Your partner's opinions can't count for everything. So I'm... working on it, hehe.

What Guys Said 7

• It would bother me. True or not, it's rude.

• My lady is the most beautiful thing in the whole world :D. I'd be really flattered if someone told me I'm prettier :D

• No at all, and I would not even think of such things. Kind of silly to compete with your own lover/girlfriend/boyfriend.

• I think it's obvious. She's attractive, I'm not.

• I believe my partner is better looking than me, though she lacks confidence and thus says she is unattactive.

• I would feel like she deserves to get f***ed by a real stud instead of me.

• Voted E. I'm used to it and if anyone one said I was better looking than my girlfriend I would seriously wonder about their vision. I don't have self esteem issues I'm just realistic.

What Girls Said 6

• it happened to me... I knew all girls had a crush on my ex boyfriend, and some people used to say he was better looking than me, but it didn't bother me or annoyed me, because I know that altough he was better looking, I'm good looking also. And that he loved me and wanted to be with me, that's why our relationship lasted 4 years.

• i would feel a little bothered...

i mean, why can't the person just say my boyfriend is a looker

or we look good together as a couple ?

• Yes, I think it's rude for someone to say that and I'd be standing there like a fool all quite...to awkward

• I think that as long as your "significant other" views you as attractive and beautiful in their eyes then that's all that matters. Truth be told if you guys are in a relationship, its your guys relationship not anybody Else's as long as you guys are happy then nothing else should matter.

• I don't mind, as long as we happy together, its doesn't matter who looks better.

• wouldn't bother me.