Looking younger then I actually am?

I'm 20 but I get 16/17 year old boys mistaking me for someone their age who are interested in me. They act so shocked when I tell them I'm 20. When I go out to a club or somewhere that is for people 18+ people think I'm too young to be there. I want to be approached by guys more my age. What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• That happens to me a lot. I'm gonna be 22 next month but I always get approached by guys that are either in high school or 18 or 19. Hardly anyone my age or older talks to me unless they know me and know for a fact I'm older. I really don't care because most of the guys I date I meet through friends anyway but if you wanna look older wear more makeup and don't go for a completely natural look. emphasize your eyes by wearing darker eyeliner or a different style (not clowny, but not the "no makeup look). or wear stuff that looks more expensive?

What Guys Said 1

• Believe me, you'll appreciate it a lot more when you're older

What Girls Said 5

• I know how you feel but the opposite I'm 16 and people think I'm 19/20 because I look a lot older than I am which I don't mind because I always go for older guys but obviously it's a problem with you. There's nothing really you can do about it, have you ever considered that maybe it's the clothes you wear not trying to be offensive but maybe their not adult enough, or maybe it's because you don't wear a lot of make-up which isn't a bad thing its good to be natural but maybe its that.

• I don't think it's my clothes. I try to dress quite classy, and wear clothes girls my age wear. I do wear make-up aswell but I have a natural look during the day.

• Yeah I guess so. I'm also pretty small (short and petite)

• Aww bless, that's what it is then

• OMG, this alwayssss happens to me! D: I'm 18, but people think I'm 14 or 15 o; But it'll be good when you're 40 and look 30 [x

• I have the same problem, doesn't help that I'm short.

• ...Same here.I just turned 19 and people say I look like 15-16.But it doesn't bother me at all to be honest.Embrace it. When you will become older you' ll be grateful that you look younger than your actual age.

• Wear more makeup, darker clothes, a matte look, pull your hair back

lol...there's nothing you can do. Looking younger is better than looking like you're 30