Why do some guys wear their pants sagging really far down?

I'm talking about the ones where they have to hold their pants up or keep pulling them up to even be able to walk.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but all these years I have never understood the point of this style.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause they think they look trendy, Nerma. To me, I think they just want everyone else to know that they are carrying a big load of sh*t in their pants. So next time you see someone with their pants down to their knees, ask him if he took one for the team.

What Guys Said 8

• I believe its a fashion holdout from the 90's that never died out, and I also believe that it originated out of gang culture fashion. Then it spread to the hip hop culture and then before you knew it, everyone had baggy clothing. Lately in the past several years I've been noticing more and more guys wearing slimmer and tighter jeans, especially the hipster crowd. I found a website that talks about the same thing that I mentioned above. Not sure on its accuracy or sources though, but its worth a look:

link

• they are tools following a lame ass trend just like the lame ass hippies did with their idiotic bell bottoms

• I can at least handle seeing bell-bottoms on a girl. Saggy pants = no class

• I'd like to see all of those wannabe thugs running from cops with their pants around their knees

• I don't ever sag because I plan on doing so, because when I do I keep having to pull my pants up every couple of minutes, which is annoying. It's just that some days I'm in a hurry to get out the door, so I forget to put a belt on, and then an hour later I'm thinking "okay why the frick did I forget to put a belt on?"

• you know it came from prison it means hey want to get it in the ass relly look it up I personaly were tight pants and a belt I think showing my underwere is so stupid and everyone who does it should die

• Pants on the ground

pants on the ground

lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground.

• It's so they can slip their **** out fast.

• cause that's who we be yo

don't try and hate on my shi

if I wanna show my azz to da world den lemme iight

you all be kissin it later shiiiiiiiiiite

lol

I honestly don't know

I think it makes them look more ghetto and so then people could see the stitching on the back pocket and differentiate if the jeans were true religion or levi or what have you and I guess they like showing their butt more than girls? lol

• I think it's so they see the labels too... Cause guys wearing jeans that don't cost 200$+ never lowride... at least not so much.

What Girls Said 7

• They think it makes them look tough and "hood"

I also have a problem with guys wearing skinny jeans.Fertility will be a problem among my generation the way guys wear skinny jeans

• You can see what designer their pants are made by easier. And their boxers, too. Sometimes they're so low I wonder where their ass actually is.

• It's just fashion,

As a young girl, I grew up with this style, and I love boys with that kind of jeans.

I think it's really hot, because it shows of their underwear.

• They think they look cool.

• because they fromm da hood.. lmaoo

• Don't rappers wear their pants really low? and everyone follows them

• its just the style, I don't even think they know. I have dated several guys who sag and its not like they're looking at themselves in the mirror like "i'm going to sag because..." its just something they do