Are guys picky about looks in girls that they befriend but don't date?

Do guys expect females to be good looking, slendering, feminine, petite, attractive, fashionable. if they aren't dating them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to let you in on a little secret. All guys in the beginning (ONLY in the beginning) view "female friends" as potential girlfriends. That doesn't necessarily mean looks are of high importance, but at least until we get comfortable in the "friend zone", every female whos phone number you have is viewed as somebody you could possibly hook up with at some point.

What Guys Said 4

• Well I'm not gonna lie, no guy really wants a dirty, dingy girl. But on the other hand, I don't want a top model Paris Hilton look alike. So one that just keeps their self in good hygine. Makeup for big fancy things but if I'm just taking her to the mall she don't have to be all dressy. Whatever makes her feel pretty.

• No, not for me. I don't really care what a girl looks like if I'm just being friends with her.

I think this is the case with many guys and even girls on the opposite end.

• Kind of. But not in a rude way. Most of my girl friends are beautiful. But I don't really think I do that on purpose. It just matters who the guy is.

• i would prefer a good looking friend but in some cases I just like there personality and try not to hang out with them one on one (if they aren't that good looking) but try to go in groups.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's different if you're just friends because there not looking at you in the same way they would if they were planning to date you.

• If you find a really good guy. He will love you for who you are. But, they do really like us to try 2 look attractive.