Guys: do y'all like it when girls wear a lot of makeup?

I'm asking because I don't wear makeup. I like how I look with out it but you see sometimes I wonder if I should.

Most Helpful Guy

• No deffinitly not but something like this is really dependant on the guy, some may like a cake face, others like make up but to an extent that looks natural. Personally I really prefer that a girl go without. If your happy with how you look without than you shouldn't worry carry on as you are because there are plenty of guys that prefer a girl go natural, anyway the benefit is its much better for your skin so just have it as you like. Something I deffinitly don't like is how some girls go crazy with colours and end up looking completely different to how her natural appearence is, id rather be able to recognise my girl that her to hav two different appearences

What Guys Said 6

• If you want me to be dead honest: I always considered myself to be 'Above it all' and that I didn't care about make-up and the like. My ex and the youtube make-up tutorials showed me what a HUGE difference make-up can do.

I know it's superficial but it's just unbelievable what a difference the make-up makes. And it's not as much the colors but mostly the base thing... you know... the concealer you put over your whole face to even everything out and hide the little imperfections?

However, if you're under 15-16 than save your skin if you can. All this starts to be necessary when your face DOESN'T look like a 15-16 year old skin anymore, when you don't get enough sleep because of school etc. Don't put make-up until you need to start to put it on.

• Well... I actually really like to look at girls putting on make up... I don't know why :) Maybe because the girls I dated did not like me watching them put on make up in the morning and therefore it enticed me to watch them even closer. It's kinda fascinating because we obviously don't do anything like that and it's just fun to watch someone do it ... :) It's like watching girls try on bras or getting dressed and stuff like that. Like it's not necessarily sexual but it's a pleasant thing...

• I like makeup if it looks natural or is tasteful.

• imho girls that don't wear any make up even when they go out, tend to look kinda tomboy-ish... I think girls look sexier with make up.. a little can go a long way ;)

ps. nobody is talking about a make up transformation, just a little to enhance their natural beauty.

• I don't like it when my girlfriend wears makeup. She looks much better natural. In saying that, I won't complain when girls with skin conditions (acne scarring or whatever) wear makeup. But that's probably because I'm not close to them and I might not know what they look like when they aren't wearing makeup

• You should not start wearing makeup. It's bad for you on the long run, and there's just no point to it. Love your appearance for what it is, not for a camoflague that actually looks worse than you originally do!

• That's what YOU believe. It does not necessarily mean that others believe that it makes you look better. Others might believe "she's trying to be pretty, how adorable, I appreciate her efforts" but no one in makeup ever looks BETTER than how she originally looked. Makeup can make pretty girls "socially attractive", and ugly girls even uglier. That's just how it goes. As they say, we are the worst judges of ourselves. That is true in terms of makeup as well.

• Don't do it. Makeup is just one of the many ways women deceive men(Don't be one of them), plus I find it a turn on when a girl who doesn't wear makeup while having self-confidence in the way she looks.

• Ok. I don't wear makeup, yet I don't like the way I look. I just don't see the point of spending hundreds of dollar on it. It's wasteful. I'd rather put my money toward something that will bring me more assets, not more assholes. Yes, boys are the assholes I speak of.

• Well, that's good for you, however are you calling me an asshole. Are you saying all boys are assholes or just the boys that are assholes?

What Girls Said 9

• Just wear it when you go out and stuff like that. Concealer, eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss, and maybe a little blush are usually plenty. You don't need to wear it every single day and you don't need to go full out like with contour and full eyeshadow or anything like that.

Personally, I don't like how makeup feels, so I only wear slightly winged eyeliner, several coats of mascara, and lipgloss if I'm going out, and I don't wear it during the day. instead, I focus on trying to make my skin nicer. if I do feel like wearing it in the day, I wear only neutral eyeshadow, peachy blush, and nude lipcolor.

basically, makeup is nice, but less is more.

• as I a girl I would say the most beautiful that a girl can look is when she has a clear complexion so just a little concealer or, if need be, some light foundation. Some mascara to open up the eyes and make them look feminie, and then some colourless lipbalm like nivea or vaseline. so flawless skin and pretty natural eyes is all is takes :) it's all about natural beauty!

• All I'm going to say is, weather you choose to wear makeup or not, make sure you're applying it because YOU want to, not because a man wants you to. ;) But may I say...if you're happy the way things are, why change something that's already perfect?

• Never start wearing makeup! I don't smear crap across my face for any man, and neither should anyone!

Just stop and think for a moment about why you try to look the way you do, who you're trying to impress and why. I did that and I'm a lot happier!

• ...I think they do, only if it looks natural.

Most of the guys on this site won't admit they like it but believe me it's not true.You just have to apply it in a proper way so that the result won't look totally fake.

• Of course.

No one is complaining over Megan Fox wearing a pound of make-up,but then again,she's f'ing gorgeous without make-up too.

• Now that I think about it.. I've never seen her without make up.. like in any picture or EVER! but she's still my idol, she's a goddes.

• I've seen her actually.Just a little before she married that dude a pic was taken of her without make-up haha

• guys don't care as long as you look hot

• as long as it looks like you're not wearing any or very little, makeup is gorgeous!

for example, I love eyeshadow and instead of using bright unwearable colors, do a netural eye with plums and browns and skin tone colors, make a smokey but natural looking eye and believe me you'll get tons of compliments!

also wear colors in general closer to your skin tone, like for lips don't wear bright red lipgloss or anything, wear a nice light pink or nude color, less is more!

• Wear a little, it looks more femenine.. and even though people here are going to say they hate make up, believe me normal guys don't, they are actually attracted to girly girls that wear make up, as long as it looks natural.

• Bingo.

the amount of makeup is less important than the final result. some women look "natural" when they wear tons of makeup. others can wear just a bit of makeup and look like a clown...

• Well said sista!