What do you think about cosmetic surgery?

what are your opinions about cosmetic surgery? for or against it and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something touchy. It's easy to look at people who get cosmetic surgery done and have malicious, spiteful thoughts. If you think about it, however, and try to put yourself in their situation, it's not as black and white as you think it is. I don't consider myself in need of cosmetic surgery and I know a few ladies find me attractive, but I can still understand people who go for the surgery. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be attractive. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be happy and confident. When it comes to girls, especially, because we men are such visual creatures, a lot of emphasis is placed on looks. Many think they look horrible. Many look in the mirror and curse this feature or that feature. Is it so wrong to want to change that?

If it is because of insecurity, is the person just supposed to accept it instead? It may get there eventually, but it's a tough road to take and it may always be there at the back of your mind, eating at you. This road is not for everyone. A small thing such as this can be an incredible boost to self-esteem. It may change the person entirely and for the better, instead suffering through a gradual acceptance.

For those who are against it because the RESULTS are unnatural or the person ends up LOOKING unnatural, think carefully. Isn't that the fault of the surgeon or specific choices they made and not surgery itself? The gruesome pictures you see on the web are not the norm. There are many alterations that look very natural and becoming on a person. In this case, it is just about as natural as dyeing hair. Why is no one condemning that, then?

I'm not exactly FOR cosmetic surgery, but I'm not against a touch up here and there. Of course, excessive surgery is undesirable. :\

What Guys Said 5

• I want to be a plastic surgeon.

so

yeaaaaaaaa. guess I should probably be for this. (i'll save everyone the giant lecture on its worth as a psychiatric aid and general need for it in a world where social appearance is so vital. just imagine I made about 10 good points and referenced them to various AMA writings)

• Natural is the way to go, at least most of the time. In extreme cases, I do feel they are needed. Examples being a devastating mauling or acid attack. It really is a personal choice, but I still feel it's a choice usually taken for selfish reasons or insecurity issues.

• If people want to get it that's fine - I'm told I need it, nose job + I have some facial scarring but I refuse to do so. Not my thing.

• Against it. You should be who you are, not a fake.

• People that get it done have insecurity issues. That's a turn off.

What Girls Said 7

• Everyone is entitled to feel beautiful. We're not all born supermodels. People condemning plastic surgery are usually:

* physically attractive themself and damn lucky to be born this way and they want to remain privileged. It's easy to say "you have to embrace your inner beauty" when you look like a super model. It's like the rich protecting their wealth by keeping the poor poor.

* not completely happy about their looks themselve, but too afraid/poor/interested... to get something done themself. However, when other people get stuff done, their relative looks worsen.

* Think it is ugly. (usually they mean fake books, or over the top lips).

* Don't care about looks. But like to judge.

• Its really a personal choice. I don't see anything wrong with it, but people shouldn't get it to feel more in society. Like for example a woman shouldn't get breast implants because she feels men won't like her as well if they are smaller, she should get them because it would make her happier. Same for any of them. Get it for yourself, not the rest of the world.

• i'd really like botox when I get older...i'm entitled to my own life/opinions. if I'm not hurting anoyher person by doing it, why should they care?

• I would never get it, but if people want to, then go ahead.

live and let live

• I am against cosmetic surgery because it's just not natural. I mean, have you seen some of the pictures of people who have face lifts? Thast is downright scary! It's one thing to take care of yourself, but it's another to try changing what was intended to be. Age gracefully and still naturally. Don't fool with Mother Nature.

• If it will make someone feel better about themselves,then they should go for it.

Of course I do think it should be done lightly or at least classy.

Like Megan Fox,her face fits the golden ratio,but it's not like that cat woman lady...who over did everything

• If it's what a person needs to be happy, and they feel like they can't accept themselves as they are, then they should go for it.