Knee high boots and a skirt?

i have to go to a party at a REALLY preppy uni..do the over the knee boots (in black) and skirt look a little much?

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's an awesome look. not sure how preppy it is, but loving it

What Guys Said 3

• If you're a formal model, how is it you don't have enough fashion sense to know the answer to your question?

• I'm former..i know how to dress well..i'm just not in touch with the university crowd and I don't know what's going over board...i do want to fit in, you know

• As for school...i didn't mention whether I went to university or not, only that I was going to a party, and did not know what to wear, as I generally hang out with people 10 years my senior. I don't have to validate myself to you, I'm just pointing out your flaws in judgment. also, the word you're looking for is 'skeptical' not 'curious'

• "You're kidding..right? models are among the most insecure people ever, because you're in an industry that rips you apart day after day. ....people's perceptions of it are so...skewed...". You're correct. Please calm down I don't expect you to validate to me. "..i'm just not in touch with the university crowd..." told me you've never been on a college campus. No one 'has' to go to a party and I sincerely hope you get a college education.

• Looks OK, but it will really depend on the boots. the boot style will make it or break it.

• Definitely agree with this..and the skirt as well. Cause it could go so dreadfully wrong.

• dont like it

What Girls Said 2

• I personally, am not a fan of wearing knee high boots with a short skirt. I love knee high boots on their own but with a skirt the proportions look off. Also keep in mind that Blake Lively is tall, around 5'10, so if you're shorter, your thighs would not be as long. I would just as an alternative to wear ballet flats with a knee high sock instead, very prep and very cute. :)

• It looks alright sometimes, depending on the person, and what the boots look like though, often just comes off as streewalker-esque.