How do straighten my hair?

I am trying o figure out how to straighten my hair so that it looks good. When I straighten it ALL it is too flat and looks bad on me. But yesterday I got out of the pool and I just dried my hair and then I straightened just like the top (and I straightened the bottom a little but not a lot) and it looked good because it wasn't flat. But I am not sure how I can do this again because when I get out of the shower, like how do I dry it? My hair usually dries really wavy by itself. Should I dry it naturally (without any curly product) and then do what I did when I got out of the pool? I would prefer not to use any kind of product because I already use product to make my hair not frizzy.

Most Helpful Girl

• my hair is actually wicked curly but I had a relaxer put in and then it was blown out like xxxmegan was saying. at night I actually use rollers (different sizes) and roll my hair up half way (which is to my neck, less depending on how short your hair is) and I sleep like that. I generally wear a cap to bed, it's not sexy but it keeps your hair from getting messed up and you wake up in a bed of curlers with straight hair!

In the morning I just unravel and run my fingers through.I will load a picture in my profile of what it looks like for you to see.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks I saw the pic and it looked really good I'll have to try that :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• blow dry it from the roots, that will create volume. Then straighten the whole thing. That is what works for me, but your hair might be different.

• Ok what to do is use a crimper at the top of your hair like from the scalp to about an inch down (don't do this to the top layer of hair leave that all straight) start from the hair at your neckline and work your way up.so get those clips they use in Hairdressers to hold the rest of your hair out the way .the climping of the first inch of your hair will give your hair a little lift to take the flatness away this also helps if you have like thin hair to make it look thicker :) if you don't have a crimper tong. use the straighteners and tip them upside down then the right way up and continue while moving the straightner down your hair at the same time. this takes a while at first but once you get the hang of it you will be a whizz.My hair is sooo curly curly curly and frizzy and this technique works great for me :) GOOD LUCK xxx

• Why don't you try a blow out? Just in case you don't know what it is, get a big round brush and blowdry in small sections. Then just shake it out,you won't get hard core curls, but you'll get more like a strait look with body.And you can always find a root lifter that controls frizz so that you don't have to go over product