Why do my parents say I'm good looking when I'm not?

Honestly I hate it when my mom says I am good looking. I know I am not. She tells me all this BS about that not all girls want good looking guys and all this bs and I hate it. I understand she fell for my dad who looked a lot like me, but my mom was 38 and my dad was 45 when they got married. I'm worried the same will happen to me. Anyways I know it's because my mom want's to build my self esteem, but no offense, it's just sugar feeding and babying me. I was born ugly and I'll just end up marrying an ugly girl sometime between 35 and 45 because most women don't like guys like me. I know I sound negative and whiny, but it's because I'm realistic. I know cute girls don't like short fat guys most of the time, and I don't believe in stupid miracle fairytale bs. So why does my mom say this? It doesn't work.

Most Helpful Girl

• In your mom's eyes, you are beautiful and you will never be anything but beautiful. She loves you, plain and simple. She says it because she truly believes it. And as for whether women like you, they may be initially attracted to handsome men, but they fall in love with the man's personality. I consider myself cute, and I've had good looking boyfriends as well as average ones. In high school I had a crush on someone I thought was quite ugly (seriously! he had a mullet!) because he was so cool and confident and he made me laugh a lot. Looks just isn't as important to women as it is to men. Make a woman feel special, and she could very well fall for you.

What Girls Said 5

• Everyones parents say it, my mom said it to me to but its not like I believed it. The reason parents say this is because no parent is going to tell there child that they are ugly. They want them to feel good and have a lot of confidence. Also I think in our parents eyes we are beautiful, they love us so much that the flaws don't seem to matter.

PS: your not even ugly and stop hating on yourself :)

• Yeah but your crzy cute so shhh

• I'm sorry, it's just that I've never had a girlfriend and it seems like personality means nothing. Nothing. I know I'm not that bad, just not good enough.

• Trust me you're not ugly...you actually have nice eyes and skin...if you worked out more...you could be much better looking..good looking!

• youre a normal looking guy you don't need to look like a supermodel to get a wife, you'll get a girl just fine, you just need confidence. you just need to go for girls that are in your league and they will also be attracted to personality. So just go out there and be confident, therse nothing to lose.

• not all mothers say this to there child. you should feel do happy and thankful to have a mom who loves you so much. there are girls out there in the world who will find you attractive, if not by looks right away but by personality. you have to love yourself in order for another person to love you back. I know you're not talking about love but that's just an example that I'm sure you'll understand because the meaning is obvious.

• Honestly, stop whining and complaining.. you aren't accomplishing anything. Everyone views people differently.. clearly you are going for the wrong girls that care too much about looks. If you are so uncomfortable with yourself.. do something about it. don't just sit back and complain about how you believe you are ugly.. it doesn't get you anywhere.

• Well I've worked out and lost little weight. I've tried to dress better no attention. I've tried to improve my attitude, nothing works. So what do you suggest. Also the reason I am not confident w/women is because I've only asked out two girls, and it didn't work out because I wasn't good looking enough. I mean one said I was a great guy and a great friend but too "average lookin" and guys pretty much have to be either really nice and sweet or really good looking to get a girl and me I'm too av

What Guys Said 5

• You wouldn't end up marrying an ugly girl just bcos you think you are ugly,a guy z neva ugly nt matter wat,in the presence of some other gurl,he z handsome,ur mom got attracted 2 your dad though you think he z ugly bcos so how she was attracted 2 him,he z a man and neva ugly...so dnt bother yourself

• confidence is key

i know UGLY guys that get GORGEOUS girls, for sex and relationships because they are confident.

its comforting to be a round a confident person

• I know you don't really care about my opinion since I'm a guy,

but seriously, you're just a normal looking dude.

don't be so hard on yourself...I've seen way goofier looking people

• Your right they should call you ugly and throw you in the river

• You need self confidence. Women don't want negative guys that is a huge turn off. Men look at appearance but not all women look at appearance, as I have seen attractive woman fall for guys taht are not very attractive at all.

• Yeah, but it's usually after the girl has been beat up or treat like sh*t by however many bf's. Trust me, I girl whose a friend of mine basically went through guy after guy, and most of them were attractive but losers. Then she went for some big redneck guy who she says is "safe", so basically she's settling. I mean how long is a relationship like that gonna last. Not long is what I'm thinking