Party dress. Longer or shorter dresses?

Ok so I was wondering which party dresses do you like better

I'm really into the shorter ones but my mom says the longer ones are more traditional.

The ones I like:

link

link

my mom likes these ones:

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• i like the shorter ones for you, they are more young and fun. the longer ones would be pretty on older women imho.

What Guys Said 12

• Age-old adage - "Use the right tool for the right job."

The longer and shorter ones are for two different types of "parties." The longer one is simply more formal and the shorter one is more casual/playful. More formal occasions will demand the longer dress and if you wear the short one you'll only end up looking like a slut. But less formal occasions would certainly be more fitting for the shorter dress.

Think of it this way. If people will be drinking from wine glasses, the longer one will be best. If people will be drinking beers, shots, or mixed drinks, the shorter.

• if your going to homecoming. either long or short works, if its prom, better to stick with long as prom is a little more sophisticated than homecoming. if your talking about any normal party, short is better. UNLESS. its for some extravagant party like a wedding dinner or such, better to go with longer ones there, don't want to outshine the bride :D

• you can't really blame your mom for picking the longer ones lol

but I would say if its a formal party then rock the longer dresses but if its a party where you'll let loose then rock out with the shorter ones

I like the first shorter then the second shorter and I am indifferent about the long dresses they both look nice (:

• To a point the short ones can be "slutty" but it depends on the event and what everyone else is wearing. Wear that to prom? I hope not.

First and Third ones are my favorite. (although the color could be better on both)

• I like the long white dress the best, but like everyone else has said it depends on the occaission. For a party or night out - shorter. For formal - longer

• I like the longer ones better. The short ones seem pointless and kinda slutty to me.

• Thats mean :(

there not slutty

• I'd wear the dress because its pretty ( I like the first one) and I don't think its that short.

Ive seen shorter.

• The first one ends like an inch below the girls ass. Shorter would be slutty.

• I guess it depends on what kind of party you are going to, but I personally like the last one in red.

• if its formal then go with the long one more classy

But if you want to pick up guys or get looks the short one is the way to go

• number 2

• Hi...i think your mom's decision is best...i like the balck longer dress which your mom has selected for u...u are pretty girl ...& if you wear that then you will look gorgious...bye fairy...bye.

• gooo short

hella yeah your hella fine sooooooooooooo

SHORT SHORT SHORT

• I usually like long dresses more. Of the pictures I like your mothers first, then your second.

What Girls Said 13

• depends on the occasion. I like the longer ones better but not because they are long, just because I don't really like the other two that much. Generally not my style (im more into classical glamour, retro, rockabilly, pin up , and indie clothing) but if you like them then wear them! ignore the idiots saying short dresses are slutty. this is the 21st century you don't have to cover up all the time.

if its a less formal party you may feel out of place in the longer ones though.

• What kind of party?

It would have to be really formal to merit wearing a long dress. The only occasion I've had to wear one is prom and performing a concerto.

It really depends on the venue, though, but I'd say more likely go with the short dress.

• I'm sixteen and I actually agree with your mother. The second ones are way more classy, elegant, and a whole lot less trashy.

Maybe yo ucan go somewhere in the middle though, something more sophisitcated that's is shorter.

• Definitely shorter.It's less "formal" yet formal in a certain way if you can get what I'm saying,but it's also slightly...chill

• I think yours are fine, though maybe a little unoriginal. And long dresses, to me, are best for special occasions, like grad or prom or something that holds a lot of importance, that being said a short dress will also be right, unless it's a really formal ball. The second dress your mom likes has no shape, but the first she likes is really pretty.

• If you want everything hanging out, wear yours. I like your mom's choices, but if you want to be more like everyone else, get something in between. You can look amazing without dressing like a slut. My favorite dresses fall a few inches above my knees or almost to my knees, and I get a lot of compliments when I wear them. Decent people don't want to see your ass hanging out lol.

• I think it depends on the event. Some events--like a club party or an informal party with your friends--the shorter dresses are better. Others--like prom and formal parties---it is better to wear the longer ones. It just depends on the situation and what the climate is like.

• I think the long one 2 of your moms was really nice.. in both the cream colour and in the chocolate colour...

• the first one looks great but you need to be quite skinny for that.

the seconds one is too..erm cute and boring.

and as for long or short...if you want to be classy wear 3 or 4. if you wanna get laid wear 1 or 2.

i'm not a huge fan of long dresses tho. kneelong is good but longer...idk.

• heya girl. I like the dresses you like. if its for a too formal party wear the long one if not go for the short one. :)

• I'd go with the first dress which your mom has chosen.. the sequined silver one.. It's not so formal yet very flattering. All you need are nice heels and dangling silver earrings.. and you're all set to impress ;)

• what's the event?

• It's a semi-formal my school is having. I thought short because its laid back, the guys wear dress shirts and pants( no tuxes), so I thought the long ones would be to fancy.

• Of the ones you posted,I loved this one

link

I think the ones your mom picked out are a bit too formal but what is the occasion? What kind of party?

• It's semi formal at my school. she thinks its like prom so she wants a formal dress but it isn't.

• In that case, I would trust your tastes. You know better what you should or shouldn't wear.

And gotta say, really love that dress ^^