What does "cute" mean in this context?

not cute as in looks

but rather something I did, she goes " you're so cute".

does this means she likes me?

jw.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tell my boyfriend he's cute all the time. Not in the physical sense, because he's drop dead gorgeous, but in the silly things he does. For instance, I've been sick the last couple of days, and so when he made plans a month ago for Sunday, he said he didn't want to go because he wanted one of two things, either a) me to be asleep before he left, or b) to stay home and take care of me by making me soup and tea all day as I needed. He made me tea and soup before he left, which made me feel a bit better, and once he got home, he did the same thing. Of course when he got home he did something I'd never heard of before, he put two ice cubes in my bowl of soup so it would cool off a bit so I could eat it right away, and I told him "You're cute." He always smiles and blushes a bit when I say it, but he knows I'm not referring to his appearance either.

I figure if it makes you feel good, then take it how you want it. If my boyfriend thought I meant it in reference to his appearance or something that would make him feel younger than we are, I would change how I say things. But since he likes how I say it, I figure he knows how I feel about him, and will take it as the compliment I mean it as.

What Girls Said 6

• i agree with makip. To say such a thing is pretty flirty. Tho to flirt with someone doesn't always mean you like them.

• I think the guy I like is cute, but I personally wouldn't say that to his face, since when a girl calls a guy that IMO it just means the friend thing.

Each girl has a different perspective on the word though.

It's either or, look for something beyond that.

It also depends on context, what you did etc. etc.

• Well, when my boyfriend does something amusing and funny and kinda quirky and out of the ordinary, or in other words, cute, then I will call him cute. Like when I'm texting him, I use text speak alot, but then he will reply back with 100% gramatically correct text messages, and I find it adorable, so I'll say to him "Heehee, you're so cute!"

• you're as cute as a puppy haha...she could just like you as adorable brother like friend or she could be flirting and not like you that way or she could really like you.

• it could be, she could be flirting with u..or she just finds you very nice..in an adorable way

• Not really. If she's anything like me, cute is just a word. Like funny or smart or scary. lol. it doesn't mean I like a guy

What Guys Said 1

• Unfortunately, that's probably too ambiguous to call. It could be that she's flirting, or it could be that she sees you as a "cute, funny guy that's just not her type" (friendzone). I'd suggest watching her behavior and looking for signs of one or the other.