Which suits me best: short hair or long hair? Reference pictures included. Opinions pretty please! :)

For as long as I can remember, my hair has always nearly touched my bum in length. I was never able to cut it short growing up because of my father's deeply enveloped Cherokee Indian customs. But recently, I decided to hack it all off because I was tired of being able to wear my hair as a scarf, haha. It's a weird change having hair that now just barely reaches my shoulders from hair that was as long as a horses tail. I'm just not totally sure if I love the new haircut yet. What do you guys think? Should I grow it back out long again or should I keep it cut this length? Thank you for your advice and opinions, it is much appreciated :)

*Sorry for all the picture links. I know it's tedious to click them all. There are also pictures in my profile if you don't feel like clicking individually.

Long Hair (before I got it cut):

link

link

link

Short Hair (my current hairstyle):

link

link

link

Back view of my short hair. I took this when I got my first tattoo, but it shows another angle of my hair as well.

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Gorgeous with either, do what you want, you'll look great no matter what anyone says.

• Thank you so much that is very kind of you to say :) I guess this new hairstyle will just take a little getting used to.

What Guys Said 9

• Man, this is a hard one for me. You look SUPER adorable both ways and I'm really torn between long hair and short hair. A lot of girls can't pull off short hair but apparently you can, and you do it REALLY well too. I think for me, short hair wins out by a hair. Hahahaha! I know, I know! Really BAD and cheesy pun.

• Stick with the short hair; though YOU'D even look good with no hair at all.

• I think you look spunky and more adventurous with short hair and classy, more professional with long hair. You pull both off really well, so it depends on what style you want to have. If you're going to keep the short hair I'd suggest getting highlights. Just a shade or two lighter than your natural hair, not bleach blond.

• I think either one really. You have that look and the hairstyle to match pulling off the "different, short haired" look. I think you look really good with the short hair like you have it. It all just depends on which one you like better. Also, what type of clothes do you wear? If you dress differently, or at least uniquely, then the short hair will fit that look even more.

• I'm an art student so I suppose I have a different taste in clothing from most people, haha. I think I was hoping for a more alternative hairstyle or just something completely opposite from what I've always had. Thank you for the compliment :)

• Though you look gorgeous both ways, I've always had a thing for girls with short hair. =D

• You are very pretty. I think short, but I would have to see a full picture before coming to a conclusion.

• Thank you for the compliment :) I posted one other photo in the update. It shows a back angle. Unfortunately I don't have any great shots of my hair. I probably should have taken better ones =/

• Id usually say long because I love long her on girls, but you actually look really cute with short so Ill go with short :P

• Your fken ganger lol

• You look really cute with short hair. It's a lot better.

What Girls Said 9

• Wow... I was thinking yeaaah long hair is nice... but then I saw the short hair picks and my eyes just went wide. Girl- your features totally work with that haircut. It's frisky, sexy and impossibly adorable on you.

stay with the short mane!

• You're gorgeous!

I really like your look :) both short and long,

But not too many girls can pull off that short haired look, but you fully can! I really like the cut on you :D nice choice!

• u look gorgeous with both :) seriously you are really pretty.

Personally I like the longer one because I like long hair. But you can seriously pull off the shorter one it makes you look mature and classy :) your just super pretty and I love your hair, you made a good choice.

• Thank you so much! :) I appreciate it a lot. You are also super pretty! :)

• Wow, first of all I'd like to say you are really pretty! I think the short hair looks really good! (especially the 2nd link!) but I also LOVEEEE the long hair. Honestly, you can pull both off really well! For now, stick with the short hair, it seems to fit your personality/look better (artsy, unique) :)

• Thank you! :) It'll be quite a long time before it gets long again so I'll just ride this out for a bit, haha.

• ...They are both great on you...Normally I'm a big fan of long hair but short hair looks really good on you.It suits you.

• short is spunky..i like it more

• Both because you have a pretty face...

• you look absolutelly beautiful either way so do whatever you like :)

• mid length hair (to your collarbone) is the universal best length for girls