How do you tear down an emotional wall?

So I am starting to believe that there is something really wrong with me. I am a male 19 years of age graduated high school. So I grew up in a neighbor hood that was, not the best for a kid. To put it in short there were several occasions where I was fired upon for reasons only known to those crazy drug addicted men. Anyway I believe that I might have some mental trauma issue. I always learned what was right in the world and what was proper when I was little. But, It seems that I have a lack of emotional feelings. Lets paint a mental picture here or attempt to. Picture someone standing perfect posture. Looking you dead in the eyes without blinking. While you tell them that 3 of their friends where just in a car accident and 2 of them where ejected from the car. Their responds is, they should have worn their seat belt. My mother was very honest with me about what people told her. Some of my fellow students at the high school I graduated from, informed her that they were scared of me. I asked her what their reason was, their retort was I don't exactly know. I don't know why they would be scared, I hold three black belts but I have never told them about it, or even gotten into what I would reference as a fight. I don't use the words hot, baby or sexy to describe a lady, it seems a little off putting. I have been on 7 dates recently (within the past 3 months or so) and all of them have informed me that I was nice, but I seemed distant to them. I am relatively aware that I should take a visit to a psychologist to see if he can shed any light upon the situation. He will just want money and another visit most likely, got to keep the bills paid you know. I think while typing this I might have stumbled across the reason why I seem to be completely emotionally shut off. I believe it might have started around when the girlfriend that I actually found interesting decided to nix it after 4 months, because I was to random or something of that nature. (hardcore A.D.D) Anyway, I seem to have setup emotional barricades and I would like to know if anyone has a sledgehammer to help bring them down.

What Girls Said 1

• "Picture someone standing perfect posture. Looking you dead in the eyes without blinking. While you tell them that 3 of their friends where just in a car accident and 2 of them where ejected from the car. Their responds is, they should have worn their seat belt."

Actually that is not very uncommon, I have responded just like that in the face of death of friends- it could be that one it is a point but people also have ways of protecting their emotions- doesn't mean you lack them.

you obviously feel or you wouldn't even be talking about it. its actually very positive that you care enough to bother thinking about it. do you realize how many a**holes just go through life not caring about anyone or anything and they blame everyone else on top of it. I don't think its bad to talk to a therapist as you might have a lot of issues you are not aware of & need help in dealing with the ones you are aware of but that's kind of standard these days too. people are kinda crazy in case you haven't noticed. seriously tho lol take a trip around the behavior section or break up or relationship section on here you'll see what I mean. I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about how this place is like sociopath central.

Its not crazy to recognize inner conflict- its crazy not to. hmm, if you DO see someone- see an analyst not a behavioralist or a psychiatrist. Just a casual therapist who will help you think about what,why,how,when you are doing what you are doing & how to do it best for harmony in your life-its the most self efficient or personal identity sustaining type of therapy imo. Not some 1 who will tell you what your problem is, or some 1 who will just nod and say hmhm.

Good luck:)

Friend me if you want- if we are not already friended lol you are anonymous do I have no way of knowing ^^

What Guys Said 1

• Rent "The Wall," get high, and watch it.

Problem solved.