Tattoo or belly ring?

So, I'm hoping that within the next couple of months I'll be able to get a tattoo or a belly ring. I can only afford one though. Which one would you suggest and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd get a belly ring, if you're under 18..I got my first tattoo when I was 14, and now that I'm nearly 19, I regret it. I was a different person then, a tattoo is for life, you're going to have htat when you are 60 years old, and LOL from what "desires" said...I don't think a tramp stamp would be a good idea either. Get a belly button ring to start out with, and if you have a tattoo idea, keep that in mind, and if a couple years down the road you still want it, then get it, there's been lots of times when I wanted a tattoo, but months later, I didn't. =]

What Guys Said 2

• Get a naval piercing because at least you can take it out if you change your mind later. I wouldn't get a tattoo unless you really have a very specific reason behind it and you have thought about it for at least a year. Its not really as big of a deal to rush into getting a piercing and if you still want that tattoo, you can always get it later, when you have the money and have thought about it more.

• Belly ring.

Maybe Tattoo if you get a good one. Like a small one on your lower back.

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you I wouldn't go get a tattoo yet, it says your under 18.

Whatever your thinking about getting- you may like now, but what about in the next 5 years, 10, and 20+ years. I can tell you that from personal experience.

When I was 16 I went out and got a tattoo that I was sure I would always love. Guess what- almost 5 years later I wish I wouldn't have gotten it.

A belly button ring is not permanent and if you get sick of having it you just take it out and it will heal shut, leaving behind only minimal scarring, you can't do this for a tattoo.

If you do go for a navel piercing just know that they can take up to 12 months to heal completely and it requires good care to be taken of it to avoid infection.

• Belly ring. A tattoo is permanent and a belly ring isn't. If you don't want the belly ring in the future you can always take it out but a tattoo stays there forever even if you hate it. And whatever you may like now can change several years from now.