Shaving legs above the knees?

Girls, when you shave your legs, do you always shave above the knees also? My partner thinks that it will encourage hair growth and I cannot stand it. Not that she has a lot above the knee but still it is not as smooth as I would like.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, however if I knew my hubby liked it that way I would but not every day. (Shaving with a razor will significantly decrease the tan pigment since it takes some skin cells too.) I like to be smooth legged but I REALLY like to have at least a light tan.

Why not do a bit of research on hair growth and shaving for her.I really don't think it will affect it as much as she thinks. Meanwhile, show a sweet attitude towards her and let her know how much you enjoy her, both as a friend and as a lover and let her know that if she'd like to do something special for you, you'd really appreciate it if she'd shave.

• Call me stupid, but you almost made me cry because you just stepped on the real issue. All the sweet talking about all that you said does not work in my case. The physical side of everything in our relationship is 100% one sided. If it wasn't, I would never have registered on this site.

What Girls Said 13

• I like to shave when I feel like it and not shave when I don't feel like it. All the guys I've dated also don't care one way or the other. And I don't care if my guy shaves all the time or not.

So if this is a real problem for you, I would suggest breaking up because if something this trivial is bothering you, it points to much more serious problems in the relationship.

• I'm married, so breaking up on something like this is senseless. And the question was about the girl shaving, not the guy.

• *shrugs* you can only see my upper leg hair if you see it shining in the sun it's very pale. However, if I had a guy and he preferred it kept shaved, I would gladly do so. As a single gal, I don't bother with it but I do keep the hair over my tattoo removed when wearing super short skirts or shorts.

• Can I tell you a little guy secret? May be it is personal thing. I actually love the tiny blond hair on girls' legs when they shine in the sun. Sometimes, that also looks sexy. So you a super lucky.

• *giggles* really? well that made me smile for the night, thank you.

• Yes really. Honest !!! It was always a little turn-on for me. Now in my partner's case, she has darker hair. So I can only envy you. :)

• I barely have anything there, it only shows in the sun,you can't feel it because it's so fine and since I share my bathroom with my brother I can't be in there too long. So usually I don't. It's time-consuming too. I would only do it if people actually cared.

• If its very fine and it only shows in the sun, don't worry about it. :)

• I always do

• i don't shave above the knee on a daily basis for the same reason as your partner but when I'm going out to formals and am wearing a shorter dress I'll shave above the knee too.

• At least you are conscious about it and you care. More frustration for me... :(

• i shave above the knee, I like my legsto feel smooth all over, even if you can't really see the hair

• well the hair isn't as spikey as below the knee after you shave it but you still should otherwise it would just go from smooth to hairy ... I go all the way :)

• I don't shave above the knees. That hair is completely blond & you can't see it.

• I think you are very lucky then. In fact, I will tell you honestly. Sometimes, that subtle glow of tiny golden hair on legs is more sexier than not having any. You are so lucky.

• i only shave above my knees on special occasions which isn't often

• I always shave above the knee.

• If she has fine hair there, please leave it alone. If she shaves it, it will get thick, course, darker, and grow more rapidly than it does now. If she waxes it, it may grow with less frequency, but only slightly so. Silky smooth doesn't come from hair removal, but from regular exfoliation and dermatologic hydration.

You want other things to be smooth above the knee, you'd best concede the right to leave the hair on her thighs alone...

:-)

• Your comment is much appreciated. And I do believe it. It all makes sense. Thanks.

• What if the girls hair is darker and thicker already and it shows. Is it worth waxing it? I guess it depends on who they are showing it to; if at all.

• Lol. In the spring/summer, when swimsuits are bound to reveal more than a boyfriend might want the world to see, girls usually wax the whole leg. Moisturizers are key, otherwise the area gets blotchy/bumpy from all the waxing/shaving, which irritates the skin.

In the fall/winter, unless she's conducting a public show and tell, she'll be conservative about waxing so as not to promote hair growth. That weather promotes ashy skin, though, so exfoliation and creams really are important.

• Yes I do to make everything even

• yeah. all my skirts/shorts are above the knees, so I shave everything :)

What Guys Said 2

• My ex was really bad about it. She was pretty regular about shaving below the knee, but never shaved above the knee. Sometimes she would use Nair. She was convinced that when you shave above the knee, it gets rough and by not shaving it's actually smoother. She basically did no maintenance to the bikini area, either.

I thought it was completely gross. Anything you do to hair after it's emerged from the skin does not affect its growth in any way.

I realize it's her body, but to me it's just nasty. I don't care if others like girls with hairy legs, I don't.

• You're my type of guy then. So I 2000% understand you. The only difference is that SHE is not my ex so I have to go through the ordeal forever. I feel so cheated by destiny.

• Just wax problem solved, makes it finer etc