Do guys look more at looks then the personality?

Do guys look more at the looks or the personality?

Do Guys like poetry?

Most Helpful Guy

• NO that's wrong. Why look at looks and personality the same way. UNLESS we just want to get laid then in that case yes looks are more important, although sometimes if we are really horny we go for whatever.

Looks attracts us to a woman at first, because its impossible to know a girl's personality if we don't know her.

Plus since we are the ones "that are suppose to approach", the only way to guide ourselves is through looks at first...Girls really shoot themselves in the foot with that one, if girls approached first there would be less girls that are single and women wouldn't be complaining how shallow we are.

Looks gets us to talk to girls, but personality its what keep us. Beauty can do so much (not that much) until it gets annoying and we leave you for somebody more interesting.

• Thanks heaps.

All the info I needed.

Thank you!

• And by the way, some guys like Poetry some don't

• Yer I figured that out not long ago.

Thanks!

What Guys Said 12

• both... Guys wanting sex only notice looks, maybe some personality. Guys who are more serious will want looks that keep them attracted, and personality takes more of what really drives things

Ever see a guy in the drama club? Lot of poetry going on there :)

• Looks is always the first thing to catch a guys eye, simply because personality can't be gauged in a 3 second glance. But I think most guys would agree that they would rather date a girl with average looks and a "perfect" personality than a girl with "perfect" looks and an average personality.

• Looks reel us in, personality keeps us.

As for poetry, that depends on the guy.

• The answer to your question can be found in your question: You can't "see" a personality; you have to experience one. Men are also notoriously visual creatures, so looks do count, but not for everything.

I have no doubt that as we get older looks become somewhat less important in tems of choosing a GF.

• Well, the girl has to look good enough for me to feel comfortable around, I don't tend to judge girls by their looks since I tend to follow the "Don't judge a book by it's cover" proverb. So to me its approximately 30% looks, 60% personality, 10% if she'll do I tell her to do (im just kidding about the last one, but you get the idea)

I tend to also always realize that everybody is beautiful, it doesn't matter if your as dumb as a rock or if your the next Heidi Klum or if your part of the school's chess team. I came to realize that make-up is waht covers a girls face aroun 90% of the time when you say "WOW SHES HOT" and that ANYONE (well most people) can wear makeup and wear booty shorts and become skinny and look just as good. So to actually "LOVE" someone it must be their personality and not how small their pants are.

• Well, you have to look at looks first if you don't know the girl, but if you're asking which we think is more important, than I would personally say personality.

I also like poetry, I'm guessing most guys don't actually write it, but most guys you write poetry for will find it as a nice gesture regardless if they like it.

• I would say both. Looks and intellect along with respect for others and ingenuity all matter to me. It's the average at the end which makes me like a girl. I personally do not particularly like poetry but I think if I look into it I might find it interesting but I am not sure. I imagine a guy who writes poetry or enjoys them will surely appreciate them.

• looks count

to an extent

presence matters most!

personality helps a lot

and yes we do !

• For me:

65% natural beauty: skin, legs, etc...

5% dressing

30% commonalities and personality.

• Both are equally important, but for different reasons. Looks makes me attracted to the girl, but her personality is what makes me know she's worth it.

• Looks short term, personality is important long term.

Only if its about sex, games, etc...

• subtle guys like poetry- generally! if he's decent the personality of a guy shoud outwiegh the looks department of a person good luck with the guy whose got you fussed! ;)

What Girls Said 1

• i don't know guys who like poetry, I guess except really artsy guys