Makeup gets all leathery during the day?

I'm in Tech from 9 until half five, and my makeup ends up all plastic and leathery. I've began wearing less and less, but its not making any real difference. Its mostly cream and liquid stuff, which I'm guessing is part of the problem.

Anything I can do to stop this? I'm expecting compact powders or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does that mean you aren't using powders over your liquids and creams? That definitely helps it set in!

• Yeah, that's right. What do you mean set in?

• I also find it helps If I mix my liquid foundation with a bit of face moisturizer, so it's not all foundation - because by the end of the day it's all melted off and looks terrible, but the moisturizer lpes keep you're face from drying out as much.

• Ohh. That's very clever. I'll keep that in mind too.

What Girls Said 12

• Maybelline is the best one for me, I like it because its not so heavy and doesn't stick.

Has a nice golden shade no matter what your skin tone is and it glows beautifully.

But only use it on special occasions.

• Dunno if that's why you mentioned it or just coincidence, but I wear Maybelline, as I was just saying to miss anonymous user ^^ I think my main problem is with the heat, and sweat, not the makeup itself.

Why only on special occasions?

• I did notice but that's what I use.

Only on special occasions because it tends to like MELT away and fade in the heat somehow so I just use it at night and use something else during the day... I learned that the best thing to do is to wear sunblock before applying any product if you re going out in the sun, it protects yours skin and somehow holds the foundation on longer and gives it glow.

• That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks!!

• Primer is really good for preventing that. Also, put some powder on top of your foundation.

• Try putting a non-oil based moisturizer on first and then the small amounts of the compact power while its still wet.

• Use a less matte formula. Furthermore, invest in a translucent finishing powder. Apply it all over your face, especially the t-zone.

• once you've used a liquid foundation use a power, only lightly tho which helps it to set which sould prevent this from happening.

• Mineral powder? I've heard it's like the best form of makeup. :)

• Use a good base before foundation and also estee lauder do amazing powders.x

• I have to reapply and use powder

• I hate when that happens.

• It does?

• Yes, but more importantly blotting paper - before you apply the powder. Maybe try some kind of an oil adsorbing powder over it all...it will help a great deal.

• you might want to wear more expensive makeup. I have this problem when I wear cheaper drugstore makeup. but I do like lo'real bare mineral type stuff foundation even tho that's drugstore

• Its dear enough, lolll. Maybellene if you've ever heard of that? I can't afford the really dear stuff.

• Me neither lol. I stopped wearing it because of that but I did get loreal mineral makeup its around the 6-10 dollar range I think, and that works pretty well.last time I bought it was about a year and a half ago but I'm sure they still sell it

• Ohh. That's quite good. I don't think I'll switch though. I mean, if all the stuff the gelz below said, its still great stuff, what I use, haha. Its around that price though. Probably the same kinda quality.

What Guys Said 3