Why does every boyfriend I have ever had hurt me and then dump me?

I am a nice sweet person, I am 22, always faithful, and honest, never lie and can never say no. I don't swear, I don't take advantage of people. I am attractive as people tell me, although I never show off or brag about myself, but guys always take advantage of me. I really fall in love and then they hurt me and dump me after 2 years etc. Everyone tells me it's because I'm too soft hearted and I need to toughen up and choose different guys. No matter what I do or say they just let me go like a piece of rubbish.

Why do you guys do this, I am not saying I am perfect but I am a very sweet person, I never hurt anyone, so why would you hurt a girl like me and just let her go? I need some in put please. I am so tired of getting hurt!

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks like you are in a pattern of being used, and then dumped. Instead of blaming the robbers when you get robbed, it is better to figure out what you did wrong, e.g. did you believe the world was heaven with no robbers/rapists/terrorists...etc.? Did you listen to your gut feelings with people? Were you crystal clear on the kind of guy you want, and accept no compromises?

Better learn the lesson because if you don't, this pattern is merely going to be repeated all your life. These links may help you, works the same for guys/girls >> link

link

What Guys Said 4

• 1) Think about the guys that have done this to you. Are they all a certain type of guy witha certain personality. You need to think about them -- are they mature/immature; players or straight up; honest/dishonest; educated/uneducated; treated you well/didn't treat you well; etc.

2) You will have to be cautious with the next one and tell him why you are cautious.

• I don't know. How come no matter how many women I meet I don't seem to get attention from ones like you?

• Being nice and sweet are great qualities of a girl, but you gotta get rid of the inability to say ''no''. If you won't treat yourself good, others will see it as an example to follow, so they won't treat you good either, no matter how nice are you to them. It automatically tells other people that you can be used and you won't mind. Yeah that's sucky but it's true. So instead of repeating the same mistake become more self-centered, and don't mind if somebody may accuse you for doing it.

• at least you have had a boyfriend before, unlike me, I've never even had 1 girlfriend

What Girls Said 2

• girls like you are usually TOO nice. as in you do a lot to please the guy without taking a step back and really evaluating him. was he doing enough to please you? did you set boundaries? did you pay attention to his asshole signs? because as I date more, I find that most jerks don't just start out being jerks. they do little things that we may overlook or make excuses for, but then by the time they do something really bad and hurtful its like Damn, when really he was like that the whole time but we didn't listen to our intuition.

just because you are nice and sweet doesn't mean everyone is gonna appreciate that. you probably do need to toughen up and stop being an easy target. there are a lot of guys out there who are straight up assholes. meaning no matter how nice or good the girl is, that's in their nature to use, abuse, and hurt women because they are only thinking of themselves. that's why its up to us to be watchful and protect ourselves because there are a lot of guys like this out there who truly and honestly don't give a f*** about women.

• make sure the next guy you are with know that you don't allow them to cheat on you. Make sure they know that you only want them if they are serious in you and serious in a long term forever type of relationship otherwise for them to not even start.

find a guy who has a good history background, either he has very few girlfriends or none would be best. don't date a guy who has a background of sleeping with many girls and having numerous girlfriends. I think that's a safe bet.

but that was just my opinion on trying to help you. hope that helped a little.