Cosmetic surgery?

I am 17 years old and I have a job and am saving up for cosmetic surgery when I turn 18 or whenever I get enough money saved up.I'm not pretty and I've been told so plus all of the prettiest women in the world have had cosmetic surgery like Megan Fox.I don't like the way I look,no one on here is going to convince me otherwise so save me a long answer telling me to love myself.I want a nose job,lip reduction,buccal fat removal and maybe cheek implants although I'm on the fence about that because I don't want anything inserted.What are your opinions on cosmetic surgery in general?

Most Helpful Guy

• Plastic surgery is a major turn of for a lot, if not most, guys. Also the way you look will continue to change for several more years, most of the women I went to high school with looked better at 28 than they did at 18.

You probably think that getting these surgeries will somehow make your life great, but it won't change much, you may like your new nose for a couple months, but you will soon find other things that keep you from being perfect, and you will want to change them too.

Just accept who you are, that is a lot more attractive than anything physical, and that is the honest truth.

What Guys Said 4

• First off you statement about all the prettiest women in the world has had plastic surgery is wrong, I know the prettiest girl in the world and she's 100% natural. Back to your question though, if you get it just don't go overboard, you don't want to look like those freaks that they show who has had like a 100 procedures done. Also I would avoid the cheek implants, they hardly ever seem to look natural. Also before you do get the surgery I think you should first look in the mirror and point out all the good things about your self, then wait a while to have the surgery and do it again. After all that if you still want it go for it, it's your body and your choice and no one can tell you not to but like I said earlier just don't go overboard.

• I have a hard time you have a job at 17 that pays enough for you to get all that done. Cheek implants will run you around 2k, and the nose job will run you anywhere from 2-2.5k to 8k+. Lip reduction will be between 2k and 4k. You are literally talking 6k-7k on the low end (ie, economy doctor) and 12k+ on the high end. And then if you decide to get your boobs done that's another 5-6k give or take. Also, buccal fat removal and cheek implants? Take stuff out of your cheeks and then put other stuff in?

I know how you feel (I grew up in a really RICH area and was poor as hell, lots of the girls had what you are describing done in High School and there were guys who had surgeries as well as taking steroids, none of which I had a hope of affording) but if you are hard up you should be putting that money towards something worthwhile like a college savings fund. That will pay off far more than getting your lips done.

If you're rich and parents are gonna help you then I'd say why not, but if you have money issues all that surgery is stupid.

• You can also finance a lot of these costs but I wouldn't recommend it as an 18 year old would get screwed on the interest rate.

• "all of the prettiest women in the world have had cosmetic surgery like Megan Fox."

Are you dumb..? Being an actor or music artist doesn't make someone one of the prettiest in the world.. I know plenty of girls IRL that are all natural and are much better looking than anyone in the media.

• Its a masterful artform, actually. I find it fascinating. I don't usually like girls with plastic in their faces though, but good luck with this. If you can actually do this, I'd even greatly admire you, 'cos its so hard to get the money, or even have the guts.

What Girls Said 8

• My opinion on cosmetic surgery in general, well.. who am I to judge anyone. Your money, your opinions, your choices, and the consequences you have to live with. I really doubt that cosmetic surgery increases happiness. Most people have it because they think they'd be happier if they can change the way they look into something more appealing in their eyes. It doesn't solve self image issues. I know a lot of people that have had face changing cosmetic surgery, and still are just not happy with the result. Some are even more disappointed than before. If I were able to tell 100% exactly what the results would be of cosmetic surgery, I might consider it myself. But I'm already happy with myself.

Truth is, no one can tell you what's beautiful and what's not. I'm sure everyone's been called ugly at some point, but for every person that tells you that, there's 100 more that think you're beautiful.

• Why would you want a lip reduction? And surgery doesn't make you beautiful. It makes you fake. Megan Fox is fake.. How can you not see that? I don't look up to actresses because they are plastic, at least most of them. I do look up to Marilyn Monroe although their are speculations on her having a small nose/chin work. If you do decide to get surgery please think very hard before you do it and do your research. I'm sure your beautiful just the way you are though.

--Good luck--

• I am not going to tell you you should not have anything done. There are a lot of women that have some form of cosmetic surgery in their life time. I would advise you to make sure that this will make you happy. If you don't like the way you look on the outside and you don't like the way you feel on the inside (I am talking about mental health) then no amount of outward change is going to give you the feeling of satisfaction you want. I would hate for you you turn out like some women who get addicted to the surgeries and end up looking like lifeless dolls with no emotion.

Again, I am all for cosmetic surgery. I actually plan on having a procedure done, but just make sure there is not something deep down that is making you unhappy and if there is then make sure to take care of that first.

• I have no negative opinions on cosmetic surgery.

On here you're about to get a bunch of delusional answers of love yourself,accept yourself,Megan Fox is so ugly,such a whore,such a fake bitch,so unattractive blahblahblah.

If it will make you feel better about yourself and you can afford it,so be it,so long as you don't go overboard with it.Not all cosmetic surgeries turn out bad,most turn out great,so long as it's an experienced well qualified doctor.

I do of course want cosmetic surgery,not on the face because I see no problem with my face,but somewhere else,but it's a personal decision alone.If you're doing it for yourself then great

• OMG YOUR LIKE SO WRONG AND SHE SHOULD LOVE HER SELF AND MEGAN FOX IS A BITCH

Your also gonna get like, 12million marks down, hahaha.

• I know I will.Some insecure girl who knows I'm mocking her[calling Megan names] will thumb me down,the fact that I just mentioned that those girls are insecure I will get more thumbs down,the fact that I didn't give her some bs cliche "cosmetic surgeries are horrible" and "love yourself" and "guys prefer natural" means I will get more thumbs down,the fact that I'm not trying to stop her I'll get more thumbs down,the fact that I called these people delusional will result in more thumbs down:-)

• Dont do it! Everyone is pretty the way they are naturally, that also harms your health. Your only 17 so you should at least wait until your 25 to decide because then you will be mature enough to decide if it is what you really want. who knows maybe if you do it when you turn 18 you will seriously regret it later...

• Wrong. The prettiest girls in the world have not all had plastic surgery - that is not even half logical. You are missing the whole idea of natural beauty here. If you have a crazy ass f***ing nose that makes you cry every time you look in the mirror - yeh, fix it. But there is no need to do all those crazy surgeries to yourself. you need to get right with your whole self on the inside, and out before you start letting strangers slice and dice you. If you could learn to love yourself a bit better and not see beauty as some fake plastic idea made up by nobody important then maybe you wouldn't want to do this to yourself and you could spend your hard earned money on something important or fun. You are beautiful you just need to figure it out for yourself. When you are 50 and you want some botox go for it but there is no need for all that bullsh*t..so unnecessary.

• my opinion on platic surgery.. I think its a dumb idea but at the same time there are things I don't like about myself, and I would consider surgery if there werent any other options

• i think you should do your research and save up for the best PS you can afford. now is not the place to go cheap. you want your results to look effortless, like you were born that way, not like you obviously went to the surgeon.

i agree with you about not wanting anything inserted in your body. I've heard (rare) stories about women who have gotten ill because their bodies rejected plastic surgery implants. mostly you hear about that happening with breast implants but I think that can happen with any foreign object that gets implanted in your body. it can even happen with kidneys so why not cheek implants?

the thing is, you are 17, that is really young. your body and face is probably not finished forming yet, who knows what you will look like in 5 years? you don't want to go out and get surgery now and then regret it because you don't know how beautiful you would have become if you waited? well good luck with whatever you decide to do.

i don't think there is anything wrong with plastic surgery. it's just a more extreme form of beauty aid, just like if women dye their hair, wear makeup, hair extensions, contact lenses, butt pads and padded bras why not get surgery to enhance what you want? people can talk all this mouth candy about inner beauty but lets face it we live in a shallow world where the most beautiful women are the most coveted and desired and preferred women and everyone else takes a backseat to her so I see why you and a lot of women want plastic surgery. I have a fear of surgery but if I had the money for some noninvasive procedures I'd be the first in line.