What do you think of fake tanning?

I'm naturally pale skinned. I can't tan in the sun, I just burn. My sister fake tans, but I don't. And I'm a huge fan of Dita Von Teese. So I try and make the most of what I've got. What do you think of tanning? I think its over rated

Most Helpful Guy

• Forgive me for lack of effort here but I answered a similar question a little bit ago so I'll just copy my answer from that one:

My personal opinion on the matter is this:

The reason tans have always been thought of as sexy is because a naturally "sun-kissed" look tan is a visual cue that the girl lives a healthy and active lifestyle. This made it attractive. But now that all it means is that a girl lays out for hours in the sun or in a tanning bed, it's just disgusting. Tan used to mean "healthy" and then it was cool. Now it means "skin cancer" and it isn't.

What Guys Said 11

• I think Daniel Tosh said it best:

"It's great because it gives women the rare opportunity to look on the outside the same way they look on the inside: fake."

• I'm from glasgow, I'm your man for any question on fake tan. Personally it does make girls look much fitter/hotter. If a girl knows how then she can bump up her attractiveness a lot by having a slight tan. however there is a limit, there's hot tanned and then there's orange, I find the latter annoying and overrated, however I quite like the former.

• At the end of the day the only thing that matter is how YOU feel about yourself.

Do whatever makes you feel sexy and confident.

• Depends, blond girls NEEDS tan to get hot, they get like way hotter, others can do fine without a tan, and I find it funny how people call it fake and real tan, the tan you get from a tanning bed is just as real as the tan you get from the sun , it's the spray tan that's fake.

The tan from tanning beds are your skin pigments reaction to the ultra violet rays from the tanning bed, just as the ones from the sun, pale people can't get tan in a tanning bed, it's not fake tan, you need to have good skin to get tan from a tanning bed, and tan from a tanning bed and tan from sun looks exactly the same so why would anybody give a sh*t how you got the tan? it's exactly the same.

• Blond girls don't need tans, they're supposed to have fair skin, like redheads, the only girls that should really be considering a tan are brunettes.

• You fail, blond is known to be the beach look, and if you are going with the beach look you should definitely have a tan, and there is no science or anything at all that suggests that brunettes have darker skin than blondes, and brunette is more of a sophisticated mysterious look, that should not be ruined by a beach tan, which belongs to the blond beach look, therefore, tan looks best on blond girls. If a brunette is tan her hair and skin color will barely look different, which looks weird

• ^ agreed. I'm naturally blond, and I feel MUCH more attractive with a light tan, because naturally I'm super pale, I've just learned to constantly take advantage of the sun when it's there.

• I think tans in general are overrated really badly, just because you're a different shade of a particular colour makes you more attractive? Not to me at least, I prefer paleness in girls, looks more natural and is just better to look at imo. I guess I'm just used to seeing so many pale people because I live in Ireland and nobody here has a tan, everybody is pale, so yeah... Paleness > Fake tan

• Skin tone is the most insignificant physical characteristic on a person male or female. However if anyone does it to improve their self-confidence a little, then that's all for the better.

If any consideration is taken into spray tanning though, make sure not to overdo it, you will look orange if you do.

• Fake tanning is a healthy way to get that tan look without getting skin cancer, however, if you like that orange oompa loompa look, I'm sure there's a Willy Wonka out there who will find you special.

• You probably look better pale anyway so don't hurt yourself tanning just to make yourself look less attractive.

• I personally think tanning ias a good thing, just don't over do it. A good tan looks nice but pale skin complimented in the right ways can look better. It is all dependent on the person.

Rock the pale skin.

• I wouldn't worry about it.

• Tans are not good..

People who tan can look forward to aging quicker too.

What Girls Said 9

• well I'm attracted to girls and I think pale skin, like all tones of skin, is very beautiful

natural is always going to look better on you than something from a box but it doesn't mean you can't change your look up every now and then. my background is all mixed up with mixed race latina, black american, black latina, and white so I'm a natural tan color but I have been with pale girls who were sexy as hell to me. so trust me its not always a bad thing. some people like or prefer pale skin. of course what you like is what matters.

if its like really well done spray tanning, I prefer that to baking in a bed. the latter is not good for you pale folks. skin cancer is a bitch and not sexy. you can do it once or twice fine but I wouldn't like it if my girl was making a habit of it. tan is sexy but natural is better less health issues.

white girls in my high school tanned a lot and many of them still do. one of my friends tans like every couple days. I always tell her she's going to get melanoma in ten years lol

• Definately an over rated fad. For most of history a paler complexion was the highest standard of beauty. Its only been the past 30-40 years that it became really fashionable (considered the norm). Given that pale skin was seen as more attractive for hundreds/thousands of years its bound to go back eventually, especially when people discover the harmful effects of tanning (yes, spray tanning isn't that great too - it puts chemicals onto your skin, which it then absorbs). Whatever is your natural complexion compliments your looks best, plus the fact that spray tanning usually results in an orange skin tone for a while. Be happy with what you've got, and be confident that your skin is beautiful no matter what colour it is.

• I, too, have fair skin. I think a healthy dose of sun is good, but tanning is definitely overrated, and ages you, not to mention skin cancer. I self-tan and have done so for 10 years. I've always used L'Oreal Sublime Bronzer Medium. It's natural looking, has a tint of glitter, and it goes on with the bronze tint so you can see where you may have missed. I haven't used any other bronzer but this one. I highly recommend it. By the way, I'm 43. ;-)

• Fake tan has saved my life! I make a milk bottle looked tanned normally but I'll go get a spray tan if I've got a hot date or there's a special occansion. Other than I stay out the sun, its better for you anyway, plus it zaps your tattoos in the worst way possible.

• I think girls should go with their natural, healthy glow. Girls who are milk pale and get DARK tans can really damage their skin. But if someone tells you that you're sickly pale, you might want to sit outside in the sun for 15 minutes a day, with no sunblock (It's perfectly find to do this, doctors say that we should do this to get Vitamin D). It'll give you a tint of color, but won't over do it. Just don't be like Snooki. That girl is a mess.

• I think if it makes you feel better about yourself, then do it but there are many long term negative effects it can have on your skin in the end.

• I THINK TANNING IS FINE ,THERES SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE PALE AND WANT A LITTLE COLOR SO THEY TAN AND LOOK NICE ...AND THERES OTHER PEOPLE THAT GO OVER BOARD AND LOOK ORANGE NOW THATS A PROBLEM LOL OTHER THAN THAT I THINK ITS FINE

• tannings OK but not too much that you'd would look orange and spray tan I think..is nasty

• as long as you don't look fake, I don't see the big deal. it's no different from fake nails and hair extensions