Guys, which would you rather have?

I've been noticing a lot lately that hot guys seem to want plain looking girlfriends, and only hot girls for one night stands. Why is this?

And while I'm at it, can some explain to me why ugly guys always try to 'upgrade' to prettier girls?
lots of good insight. but I think I stated my question wrong.

would you rather have 6 months of hot one night stands, or a meaningful 2 year relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• the hot ones play a lot more games and that ain't girlfriend material

What Guys Said 4

• "only hot girls for one night stands. Why is this?"

Throughout the entire history of mankind, have you ever heard of guys lining up at whorehouses looking for a wife? I haven't.

• Well, alright. I understand when you say it like that, but guys never seem to want to date pretty girls. And it bugs me.

• I don't know about them, I never discriminate pretty girls...lol.... That said, I do find many are just as insecure as any other human being. e.g. would he still love me when I grow old?, and then there are the shallow, vain, snobs.... who plays seduction and manipulation games ... the players.... A rare gem to find a pretty girl with depth, very, very rare.

• guy's don't feel secure around hot girls because they feel the hot girl can easily get another boyfriend and if the guy messes up she'll just get a different guy. Plain girls are easier to go for.

ugly guy's sometimes are desperate so are the hot ones sometimes they just want sex.

• Probably best summed up by this song:

link

• Ouch, they even wrote a song about it haha

• Good to know!

:D

• Yeah, so don't stress about it; there'll be someone for you. =)

• Girls are so so focused on looks these days, it's practically self-defeating for guys. I am very fortunate to be dating a beautiful girl, but I always worry maybe she's always on the look out for someone hotter? So I go for simple myself.

• Really? Are you scared of dating a pretty girl because of that? No wonder I'm single..

• Riiiight. Not scared of dating pretty girls, I have a very pretty one.

• Sorry 'bout that bro!

What Girls Said 4

• Okay, so here's my opinion on it as a woman. I think the reason why guys will take traditionally "hot girls" home for the night and never call them again is because they're just looking for a cheap thrill and view a girl who presents herself in a certain way as more of an object than a person. On the other hand, more often than not a girl who isn't typically beautiful makes up for her lack of sterotypical attractiveness with a great personality.. Someone with substance to them and a brain, and someone whose interesting and you can have a conversation with. Looks only get women so far and that's when the heart counts, and when men (well, most of them anyways) are looking for someone to get serious and settle down with they'll usually pick a girl with a sweet personality. Looks will fade but internal beauty lasts a lifetime!

• I've noticed this! Like really good looking guys will date girls who are average and wear like sweats.

• Jesus. this SUCKS!!! but I guess some guys really do want love, huh? I mean, I'm pretty, but I have ZERO social skills, and I couldn't dress if it depended on my life, maybe I have a chance? XD

• WOW!!

yeah, I'm sure if you're 6 ft tall that would intimidate guys a bit! you don't look like a 6 footer in your pic though!

• I have a small frame :P

• I've been noticing that alot! my friends (not to be mean) they're hot sluts :) but they're just being used by the same guys just for one night stands or hookups! and those guys tend to form relationships with the more simple, sweet and innocent look... it's weird , I guess because they look more innocent and haven't got around.. maybe

• I haven't noticed this trend, but maybe the "plain" girls make better gfs

• I see how that makes sense too. I hear if you cater to a guys ego, he'll love ya forever. Which I'll definitely do...