Are beautiful girls intimidated by guys?

just curious, one girl told me she feels awkward around me. she is hot looking girl who can get any guy she wants if she wanted to

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's intimidating to approach anyone you are interested in, hot or not ;) I'm 40 and have been told since I can remember that I am hot...but I lose all my self-confidence when I see a hot guy. I think exactly what you said, "he could get any girl he wanted, why would he want me?" A couple times...months later, when we are both seeing other people, I had been in a situation where I actually had a chance to chat with that hot guy I so desperately wanted to figure out how to approach. Suddenly, it was easy to tell each other that we were both thinking the same thing back then...lol. Ofcourse those two times ended with... well, if things don't work out give me a call. One guy I actually ended up being friends with for the past 6 years because every time he's available, I'm not and every time I'm available, he's not ;P

What Girls Said 4

• You ask a question initially that groups all 'beautiful girls' into one lump- and then turn it toward one girl in particular.

If this one girl feels awkward around you it could be because she likes you. ANY girl may feel awkward around someone they like.

• Why so defensive, I ask if this is common among beautiful girls, is that bad thing??

its common for guys to be intimidated by hot girls, is it common among girls to feel same way

i used one girl as an example geeeesh, calm down

• I'm not upset or ruffled at all. *looks around* sorry if you thought I was

• Yes definitely! I've been told that I'm gorgeous or beautiful and I'm usually able to keep my cool while talking to most guys.Then I met a guy who I thought was insanely hot. Even thought I was able to make the first move with him, I couldn't follow through because I just so nervous around him. Everything about him was (down to his voice) was just so hot that it was just too much to handle..No matter how many times I rehearse what I'm going to say to him, when I see him, my brain turns to mush, I can barely utter "hi" and I get insanely self-conscious and then I avoid him...Needless to say, I had to give up.

• Intimidated probably isn't the word I'd use. More tongue tied, now I could talk the hind legs off a donkey and then still persuade it to go for a walk afterward, but plonk a hot male in front of me and suddenly I turn into Helen Keller.

• doesn't matter if that girl is a supermodel... yes a lot of girls do get nervous and or awkward around guys (especially guys they like) even if they are absolutely gorgeous.

What Guys Said 2

• Over time, I think I've begun to appreciate the fact that men are still thought of as "the initiators". This makes women more reluctant to approach us guys because it's not something that they know how to do very well (not saying us guys know how to do it either). This means that if an otherwise talkative, attractive girl suddenly gets quiet around you and she shows other signs, then it's a good indicator to know whether she likes you or not. Now I just have to figure out what to say lol

• i really just want to see the answers.

cuz I know the opposite to be true some guys being intimidated by beautiful women