Fake tans. Attack of the Walking Cheese?

Fake tans. Just...just..whyyyyyy?!?! It looks terrible, like a cheddery orange color, you can tell it's fake, it's also about the farthest you can get from sexy. Why oh why do people still insist on having one...?

And also: REAL tans. A light one is alright, but some people...oh boy. They spend so much time tanning that their skin turns brown :l plus, they're going to look 40 in their 20's.

I prefer pale people. On guys and girls. I don't get cheese cravings from looking at them

Most Helpful Girl

• Short story:

Last year,there were two seniors,best friends,they were caucasian,they were pretty.I'd heard of one of them because she was an all around athlete but had never seen her.Well my friends and I decided to ride the train that day which happened to be the same day we got out of school early and an NBA game was going on.Those two girls were standing in front of us on the train and looked old as f*ck and we kept talking about them.The next school day,we saw them in school and were shocked.They had an orange tan,their skin was horrific(wrinkles and fine lines) and they put on a lot of make-up to I guess "hide" the wrinkles which in turn made it worse(cakey).

Do I think people should get tans?No,it is unhealthy,too many risks,skin cancer is not worth the risk.Although I am bi-racial and naturally tan,I am uber protective about my skin,with sunblock and moisturizer and overall skin care.

Will I sit here and judge people?No.If tanning makes them feel better about themselves,then do be it,not for me to judge,nor is it for them to have to explain them to me.

Another thing,I don't think it makes you any better than them to sit there judging them.

What Guys Said 5

• the orange people always crack me up

• I don't much care for tans, real or otherwise.

• I prefer pale people too. Especially if they have dark hair (dark brown or black). The more pale, the better.

• I agree, someone that is to tan is kinda gross, whereas someone who is to pale isn't a big deal.

• I love orange skin on girls.There's loads of girls here with orange skin and black hair. To me its actually beautiful, man. Like the dark elves of lore.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry I disagree with everything, but that's just me.

I love being tan, going to tanning beds, getting spray tans. Yes your right they can look bad, tanning beds are bad for you. Just depends how much and how long you do it/ get it for.

I feel very good about myself when I get a tan.

• ...People shouldn't get tans, first of all it is unhealthy for the skin and it raises the risks for skin cancer, plus it makes people look older. Secondly, it doesn't look good on everyone.In my opinion fakes tans make people look like giant carrots : |.

• A light spray tan is perfectly fine, as long as you're not orange. And it is much better for your skin. Skin cancer is becoming much more common and can be life threatening. So although some girls take it extreme it's actually smarter to spray tan than to tan in the sun.

• The people with fake tans are smart.

Who wants cancer, anyways?

• I don't really like the look of tans but if people like it then that's that I suppose :)