Did it mean anything when he looked me in the eyes when passing by?

Hi! There's this guy, who I first saw about a year and a half ago. I've never talked to him, but as we live in the same dorm, then we tend to see each other every once in a while. Out of curiosity, I've almost always looked him in the eye, when we pass each other on the street, but he hasn't always done the same.

After the long summer, I once saw him at the university, but walked by him without letting him know that I did notice him. About a week later, I saw him across the street waiting for the traffic light to go green and so was I. I kind of looked at him until we started walking towards each other and then dropped my gaze. There were a lot of people crossing the street and I avoided making eye-contact with him, but just as he was passing, I couldn't help myself and looked him in the eyes.. and so did he. It was a brief moment, but also sort of weird, because I'd never looked him in the eye so close before.

I was wondering if that means anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you should just chat to him you both have noticed each other, next you two catych eye contact just say hi or something take it from there but for your actual question if I was to lock eye contact with a girl it would be because I think they are attractive

What Guys Said 2

• He was already naming your children together.

• cant really tell

What Girls Said 2

• Lol. This is a cute topic! I'm going through the same sitch, except I'm much older and the guy I'm liking works at a convenience store right down the street from where I work. I purposely go in there to get a snack on my lunch break, just to see if he's there. Lol. Yesterday, we made eye contact a few times, and we both smiled. That to me, was a sign that he could be interested, because I certainly am!. I'm hoping we'll start some small talk soon ;-). I'm just taking baby steps with him. You should do the same. If you have a feeling he could be interested, start with small talk. You'll know when it feels right to do so! =)

• You're quite brave as you had the courage to smile at him. :D I, on the other hand, chickened out at the very last minute and although I had prepared myself for the smile and the greeting, I got so nervous and avoided eye contact altogether. And now I hate myself, because I pump into him only once a week. But hey, we never know what the future has in store for us. ;)

• Sounds like you're interested in him, so that case I suggest next time you see him (you see him a lot!) it wouldn't hurt to strike up a convo. because now you've got somethin to talk about: say,"Wow, we keep running into each other" *laugh "What's your name?"... and go from there ;) YOU'RE LUCKY because I passed this one guy today that I found attractive, but I don't know if I'll see him again, so you see...at least you have a chance.