Girl breaks up with me then falls in love with another guy...

My girl and I have been in the relationship for a long time now, I'm talking years here. She suddenly breaks up with me...she said she couldn't take me anymore...she said I was stepping on her pride that she can't take it anymore...I admit that I've been a jerk and I didn't treat her well. Then after a few days I see blogs of her saying how much she has loved for the longest time her guy friend. What does that mean? She tells me she broke up with me because she wanted me to change...but how come she allowed herself to fall in love with another guy?

She says that she's confused. I don't know what to think. What she tells me is contradictory. We still talk and see each other and the guy she "loves" happen to like them just to be friends despite the guy telling her he loves her. So she's telling me she's moving on now...and she's confused....she says she's hurt...because she got hurt from me....and from the guy...since the guy left her hanging...but it's been almost a month...and she hasn't gotten over the guy. How come it's so easy for her to move on with me but she can't move on with that guy? She moves on in a matter of days....but with the other guy, she's having a hard time. Does that mean she loves the guy more?

Does that mean that when we're still together she already entertained the guy and found him as a prospect? I don't know what to think. I still love her. I told her I'll wait for her but the facts still remain and it's still confusing. I don't know if I can trust her and if we go back together how can I be sure that she loves me for me and not just because it didn't work out between the two of them?

I know there are many questions but please give advice. I am so confused...

Most Helpful Girl

• This might hurt but I think she liked the other guy while you were dating and that's what pushed her past the "breaking" point, so to speak, wherein she chose to break it off with you. In the beginning of any relationship when everything is fresh and new, there is very little not to like. So I can see why it takes some time to get over a guy that she wasn't dating nearly as long as she was dating you. She didn't have as much time to see his ugly side.

At any rate, she's probably just as confused as you are but I think you should move on. She may be very special but you're both young and you should play the field before you commit to a team long-term again.

If you're meant to be with this girl, time will tell. In the meantime, if at all possible, shelve your feelings for her and see who else is out there. There are lots of girls who would not leave you for another guy or expect you to change who you are.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• She is confused because she does not understand why this guy does not like her, and it is bothering her more because he ditched her. It was easier for her to walk away from you because you are a "jerk" so you say.

• Awee. I'm sorry. But things like that happen. Maybe she just was feeling trapped. But that's not your fault. You need to just move on. And if she's confused it's her loss. And she'll realize what a great guy she missed out on! So just sit tight and a great girl will come looking for a great guy and you'll be him.

Best of luck. XoXo

• She doesn't love that guy. She just needed someone to make her feel loved, since you guys weren't getting along. It sucks you were a jerk, but you shouldn't change who you are for anybody. It would never work that way. If you want to be a nicer person, that's awesome, but I think the two of you should take some time to yourselves, and see how you feel without her in your life at all. Sometimes it takes months to get over someone, and I don't think she's really over you yet.

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds like she did have affections for the other guy for a long time before she split with you. You had long enough to show her how much she meant to you and you didn't, I would suggest telling her how you feel, and apologising and being there as a friend for her at least while she is confused.

• Dude, I have the same problem like... right now and i'm going insane. My advice is simple. If you love this girl and you will do anything in the world for her. Then go for her and earn her back. If its just a girl you feel like making out with or something... it isn't worth the trouble. Good luck bro.

• First, you shouldn't have been a jerk in the first place. Second, if you want her back then change for her.

• yo man I feel you I am in the same situation. my girl friend just broke up with me and she says that she likes this other dude and she will not stop hanging out with him. It's been like 2weeks and she has change soo much. she doesn't talk to her friends,family, but she can talk to this dude forever and chill with him forever. I hate girls I gunna turn gay lol just kidding but man I feel you