Am I too small to be a model?

I'm 5ft 4 x

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok true answer I was a model for 4 years 5'7 and up is for runway and 5'4 and up is for commercial models. difference between the 2 is that a runway model strictly does the fasion of it all and shows of what the company is selling for people to buy. commericial is everything besides runway you can do photos for magazines movies billboards and so forth, Real truth with you here is that modeling isn't just runway fasion etc its a lot of work and I'm talkin a lot of work its very hard to keep your weight and everything in order sometimes they want you to gain sometimes they want you to lose constant flucuation in weight and you still have to do a little acting with that so if I were you I would just go for acting a lot more oppurtunities for you

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, but you're just the right size to be a toboggan.

• And what is that

• Not a mean bone in my body. Just tryin to spread a little cheer. ; - )

• that made my day

• Depends on what TYPE of model. Certain types of models do have height requirements which you don't meet, yes, but there are other types where it won't be an issue.

• A "model" can mean all sorts of things. If you want to be a runway model that's probably too short, they seem to want them 5'10" or more. Get yourself a profile on modelmayhem and start talking to people there, lots of photographers, models, agents etc there. Most of the girls I've hired to pose for web logos, for sale ads etc off there have been 5'4 to 5'8.

• That shouldn't bother u,you are just okay

• my opinion is that the models out there, most of them are too tall. women actually around your height is what I prefer, so in my opinion you should be the right size to be a model.

What Girls Said 5

• in short, yes. a lot of agencies won't even consider applications unless you are over 5''8..

a lot of the jobs I go for I am turned down because I'm not quite tall enough and I'm nearly 5''9!

however if you are exceptionally pretty you may be put forward for commercial stuff, and for that you may want to book a walk in appointment instead of sending your pictures off (again, they don't really consider people under 5''8 if its just a sent in application)

instead of looking at modelling perhaps try commercial acting? for ads etc. there's no height minimum for that! good luck :)

• Yes, industry standard is 5'8-5'11 so much too short but their are petite models and sometimes exceptions are made, Kate Moss is only 5'7

• Most runway models have to be like 5'9"-6'0" or something like that. But I think for the models they take pics of for magazines and stuff don't have a height requirement. That being said, I could be totally wrong.

• a runway/fashion model, yes, you're too short

a commercial model, you could be just fine

• way too short to be a run way model